Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver IDPA Match

We shot at a special IDPA match over the weekend and I came in 2nd ESR Overall right behind Tom Kettels, ESR Master. we had a 13 revolver shooters at this match using a wide range of revolvers from S&W 625s, 686s, Colt M1917, S&W M1917, and a vintage nickel S&W Military & Police.

5196718895_f1a0d03ea7_z.jpg

Here's a video of my performance, there are other videos of revolver shooters in my channel. Enjoy!

Edited by robot

Looking great, Loke. Nice run!

Couple things:

Looks like you're keeping the gun fairly horizontal when ejecting the empty clip, but then having to give it a quick vertical flip to actually clear the clip. You could probably save time by getting your gun vertical earlier, e.g. as soon as the gun's opened.

What's with the mis-fires? Were they reloads? Had you been having "issues" earlier?

Finally, did you check the muzzle & crown of your gun afterward? Maybe some plywood splinters still in there? :roflol::surprise:

Great shootin!

Tom

Looking great, Loke. Nice run!

Couple things:

Looks like you're keeping the gun fairly horizontal when ejecting the empty clip, but then having to give it a quick vertical flip to actually clear the clip. You could probably save time by getting your gun vertical earlier, e.g. as soon as the gun's opened.

What's with the mis-fires? Were they reloads? Had you been having "issues" earlier?

Finally, did you check the muzzle & crown of your gun afterward? Maybe some plywood splinters still in there? :roflol::surprise:

Great shootin!

Tom

thanks Tom! yes I need to flip my gun earlier, I keep holding on to it in fear of it falling. Have to build more confidence there.

the mis-fires are from lightstrikes. I am using Federal primers and have tightened down my strain screw at 7lbs. Perhaps I missed one or two firm primer seats.