Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPad posting

SteveU

I can read the forum on an iPad, And if I go to post I can fill in the topic title and the topic description.

But when I select (touch the screen) in the topic posting box, it doesnt do anything. Or it tries to select/copy/paste the text if I'm replying to a PM or topic.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Is it a setting on

my iPad? My iPhone works fine.

Thanks

Ok. This seems to relate to the same problems I was having with the iPhone. It seems to work if I set it to the mobile version. Is that how you guys are using it? When I try the full version it doesn't work. I don't mind the mobile version but it doesn't show avatars or Topic Descriptions. I was hoping the iPad would be different. (I know, I know... Why?) If that's the case I'll go back and read the iPhone threads and see if there is a way to get the full version to work.

JavaScript is a programming language. It is possible that the software that this forum is based upon does not fully integrate with the iPad. I know that there is an IPB Forum App for the iPhone/iTouch/iPad. You may want to try downloading that as it will be designed to take full advantage of the functions of this board. The download is free (I think) and you can find it on the iTunes App store (search for IPB).

Hmm. Still not working but I can describe it better in hopes that someone can figure it out. It works fine in the mobile version. In the full version, in Fast Reply, I select the text box and the cursor appears, then tabs down and out of the box, then Safari closes. In the full version when I try to use the full editor, I can select all the hot keys around the editor (font, style, etc) but can't touch the screen in the editor box. It doesn't do anything. When using the IPB app it defaults to the Mobile version which works fine. I ordinarily would agree with BritinUSA that it may simply not be compatible but I don't see how that be the case if it works for Treym7 and Ronnie j.I upgraded software to the most recent available (3.2.2 to 4.2) but that didn't change anything. The only other variables may be the memory and version(3G or not) of iPad but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't matter. Anyone have anything else inshould try? (Take it to Apple Store is my only next option but I wanted to try everything else first in hopes that it's a simple setting I can switch.)

Go into your Settings and on the General Settings tab is an option to Enable visual (RTE) editor

Is that de-selected ? Try swapping that setting and see if that solves the problem

Posting Settings

• Enable visual (RTE) editor?
    Rich Text Editor requires IE6+, Mozilla / Firefox 3.0+, Safari 4+, Google Chrome, or Opera 9+

That works. :cheers:

I had to toggle it off, but now I can post in the "fast reply" box.

Thanks!

ETA: and in the editor box....

And the full editor! I don't understand it but I sure do appreciate the help! :D

Edited by Surge

I'm glad it resolved the problem. I suspect that when in Mobile versions and within the IPB app that the default text input is used and thats why it works on those settings. Perhaps the rich text editor is not available on the iPad version of Safari and thats why it would not let you type when that toggle was set.