Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

More Trouble For S&w

Here is a link to an MSNBC.com story about the resignation of the recently elected chairman of the board of S&W's parent corporation:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4385728/

Looks like he failed to reveal convictions from 30 years ago; appears small until its revelaed they were for armed robbery. Ooops.

When they were owned by British subjects (remember, those Brits are not citizens with rights but rather "subjects" who are "subject" to the whim of the crown) I was quite angry with the deal they penned with Rodam-Clinton, et al.

I was optimistic that maybe S&W had turned a new leaf with new ownership; I own a 625, a 686 and a 340PD and they are good quality guns. Now it looks like more trouble for this poor old company. Sad state of affairs really.

I read some details of this guy's story.

It sounded like he not only turned his life around but tried to help others do the same.

I as also understand it, he never tried to hide his past.

Too bad it was bad publicity for S&W, and the fact the guy got hammered by some self-rightous folks.

It is embarrasing but I don't think it will harm S&W.

The guy screwed up , paid his bill and built a new life.

I call that admirable.

The marketing department could actually turn it into a plus: I see a commercial with a guy in a ski mask menacing a 7-11 clerk, then the mask is pulled off and a smiling CEO starts explaining how his SW revolver never let him down back when he used it to make a living.

Could work..... :lol:

I see a commercial with a guy in a ski mask menacing a 7-11 clerk, then the mask is pulled off and a smiling CEO starts explaining how his SW revolver never let him down back when he used it to make a living.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever seen a television commerical for S&W, or Glock, or SA or any of the other major gun manufacturers? The only TV commercial for a gun manufacturer I've seen was for Thompson Center on American Shooter.