Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Glock 35 Gen4

Lumpy McSoo

Hello,

I didn't know whether to put this in holsters or in the Glock section. Personally, I think it should be in both.

I just got a new G35 Gen4 and love it with the largest backstrap. I had been using my G22 Gen4 in my two kydex G17/22 and G34/35 holsters. THe Gen4 G22 had no issues with holsters. The G35 Gen4 that I got from Ed's Public Safety with my GSSF membership felt great. I then decided to test the holster and lo and behold, it wouldn't go in one at all while retaining the pistol and it would work in the other since it had upper and lower tension screws.

I will post some pictures but just beware that here are the measurements of the width of the semi circle on the bottom part of the front of the slide, the part that has the hole in it to access the front sight screw.

Glock G35 Gen4 0.710 inch semi circle width

Glock G35 Gen3 0.555 inch semi circle width

Glock G34 Gen3 0.560 inch semi circle width

If you have a really tight holster for your Gen3 G34/35, it may or may not work with your new (whenever you get one) G34/35 Gen4 pistol.

I just figured I should put this information out there. In the next few days, I'll try and post some pictures.

Later, Lumpy McSoo.

What was the GSSF price ? I plan to join GSSF to buy a G34 gen4. If 35's are out 34's may be soon !! Love my gen4 19.

Approximately $505 + $35 + tax for a average saving of $30. GSSF no longer gets the Homeland Security price.

Pictures coming soon, once I find the camera.

You could also just look at the difference in the front of a Gen 3 17 or 22 and the Gen 4 17 or 22. Either go to your safe and get Gen 3 and Gen 4 (or your local gun shop) and look at the front where the recoil spring sits. It is much bigger on my Gen 4 G22, and this shape is extended on the G35 Gen 4.

Once you look at a Gen 3 and Gen 4 G22 (or whatever) you can see the difference. Then go grab your Gen 3 G17 and G34 and look at how where the recoil rod part is extrapolated out beyond the dust cover on the G34 slide. This same extrapolation was done on the Gen 4s but due to the larger recoil spring, the overall diameter of the bottom of the slide is a much larger diameter. It may work in some holsters but it may not.

Gotta go look for the camera.

The G35 Gen 4 GSSF price for me (non-LEO but GSSF member) from Ed's was $507 + $15 for shipping then had to pay fee to Virginia FFL which varies depending on the FFL store. This is also the price the GSSF website said it would be. Anything cheaper must be a LEO only price.

Later, Lumpy.

Lumpy above paid $507 + $15 + $35 for a total of $557 + tax which is slightly less than non GSSF price.

JBP55,

Well, since no one has it in the retail stores yet. I bet when they do it will be $600+ so most people that are not GSSF or not LEO should expect to pay about in the $650+ range. Much more than what I paid with the GSSF membership. This was a G35 not a G22 which would have been $425 + $15...

Maybe you had your facts confused or perhaps I am misunderstanding your comments....

One picture next...rest to follow...

Later, Lumpy.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up my Gen 4 Glock 35 last week and I'm on my way tonight to the range! Indoor range of course so wish me luck. I should know if this new recoil system and new slimmer high speed low drag frame is great or not!

Lumpy above paid $507 + $15 + $35 for a total of $557 + tax which is slightly less than non GSSF price.

JBP55,

Well, since no one has it in the retail stores yet. I bet when they do it will be $600+ so most people that are not GSSF or not LEO should expect to pay about in the $650+ range. Much more than what I paid with the GSSF membership. This was a G35 not a G22 which would have been $425 + $15...

Maybe you had your facts confused or perhaps I am misunderstanding your comments....

One picture next...rest to follow...

Later, Lumpy.

Having purchased many dozens of Glocks at all mentioned prices I am not at all confused about models or prices. I know the GSSF cost, LEO cost, dealer cost, stocking Glock dealer cost and what they retail for in this area.

I am happy to hear you are not confused about prices. I will be able to sleep much better now knowing that. :cheers: And happy holidays...What I paid is much less than what they would retail for in my area, probably by about at least $100 if not more. Now I normally don't buy retail but I know people that still do. To each there own...

Cheers and happy new year!

Later, Lumpy

can't seem to find them on the gunbroker.

Well,

Glockmeister seems to have them for $648 plus whatever else comes to your transfer...

GLOCK 35 Generation 4

Item G35GEN4

Price: $648.00

Good luck. I guess the GSSF rate of $507 + $35 for GSSF annual + $15 shipping is pretty good, unless you are a saint and also pay the state sales tax.

They are out there but if you are non-LEO, the best thing to do is join GSSF and get your one discount pistol per year, at least for this year's rules...

Later, Lumpy.

Lumpy,

Great photos. Okay, I see the problem, and why it would BE a problem with the Gen-4 G34/G35 but not the Gen-4 G17 and G22 I've seen. While the front of the slide is much larger on the Gen-4 than the Gen-3, there's also a much larger cut in Gen-4 dust covers to keep the overall profile of the G17/G22 the same. Therefore the Gen-4 guns I've tested have fit in Gen-3 holsters just fine. But on the G34/G35 the front of the slide extends beyond the front of the frame. Thus Gen-4 G17s/G22s fit into holsters made for Gen-3s, but the same is not true for the semi-longslides.

Thus Gen-4 G17s/G22s fit into holsters made for Gen-3s, but the same is not true for the semi-longslides.

And THAT is an important thing to know. I've got a couple of friends who plan to buy the Gen4 Glock 34 as soon as it comes out---and they'll need to get new holsters when they do, which is something that is handy to know beforehand.

I am justing waiting for glock to introduce something in the future that it is going to effect its reliablity. Why keep changing something that works????? Don't get me wrong, I could see some cosmetic changes, ie slide serrations, grip, better sights, interchangable back straps, but going inside and changing the recoil system seems kinda hinky to me. JMHO

I am justing waiting for glock to introduce something in the future that it is going to effect its reliablity. Why keep changing something that works????? Don't get me wrong, I could see some cosmetic changes, ie slide serrations, grip, better sights, interchangable back straps, but going inside and changing the recoil system seems kinda hinky to me. JMHO

My understanding is that the recoil system changed due to an issue w/ reliability

w/ G22's w/ lights attached. It changed the recoil and they had jamming issues.

T

• 1 month later...