Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft magazines leaking gas

JAFO

I bought a very lightly used KJW copy of a 226 for practicing, but I can't seem to get more than about 10-15 shots out of a charge. I searched the internet and found the suggestion to lubricate the o-rings. I disassembled the magazines as far as I could and lubricated the o-rings, but they're still not right :( . I'd like to remove the main valve and clean/lubricate it, but I can't find a tool to remove them. Does anyone have a source for that tool? Are there other causes for gas leakage that I'm overlooking?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

another thing is keeping gas in the mags, I have 4 mags for my tokyo marui Night warreior that have never leaked, they say to use hfc gas but Ive had 3 marui 1911s and have had no problems running propane. Before my helth went south on me I was doing military simulations for 5-6 years and I put my guns through ALOT, Ive droped, kicked, sat on, and had them shot at, So Marui is high on my list of companys to buy from.

Edited by adkins

• 3 years later...

Reviving this topic. I bought an Airsoft to train at home when I couldn't get to the range for live fire.

I have a green gas KWA HK 45, purchased new in late August 2014. Each magazine holds 28ish BBs. I got three mags (about 75 rounds) from my first gas charge. I was told this is normal for this particular Airsoft. Okay great, love it!

Thereafter I get 8-10 rounds before the gun poops out and drools rather than spits the BBs out.

I am new to Airsoft so my assumption was I was doing something wrong. Reread the manual, watched some YouTube tuts. Let the mags warm up after charging. Same behavior. First 8-10 shots really strong, the next 2-3 very weak, and finally the gun won't fire at all and the mag is depleted of gas.

Is it common to have bad o-rings on a new mag? I'm impressed with the Airsoft in every other way. My groups are good, overall the pistol is nicely made, and it even fits in the Kydex holster for my P30! Just wish I could figure out this magazine thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me guess....you weren't turning the mags upside-down to load them? I know that was my problem when I first started in airsoft and couldn't figure out why my GBB would only get about 1/2 a mag out before running out of gas.

IIRC, the KJW series are notorious for leaking around the baseplate. Lubrication sometimes works, but if you use a SMALL amount of liquid gasket around the area, it'll seal those things up good.

I was turning them upside down, but just wasn't filling as if I meant it. The guys at Airsoft Outlet in Forest Grove, Oregon, gave me a quick lesson and some test fires and all was good. Nice store and great customer service there.