Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Showoff..........

m134b

Too easy. An aluminum replacement lower for a 22/45 Ruger .22 LR pistol.

I just got a regular 22/45 so I spotted it right away, looks really nice. I am impressed when I see people with the ability to do things like this.

Neal in AZ

All correct on the "what is it"... Trust me.... That's a ROUGH, ROUGH prototype....Just testing to make sure the major things are in the right places before I go nuts with the rest of it.... Still yet, that represents probably 50+- hours as it sits... I wish I were better at it... Just "parts" I can do easily... but complex 3D drives me APE! :surprise:

Ken

Edited by m134b

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've come to the conclusion that I'll have to tackle this thing as two halves.... There are several internal features that can't be modified as extensively as would be required to do it in one piece :angry2:

The internal "tab" that holds the bolt release has several undercuts to allow it to function properly, and I can't get the right geometry without extensively modifying the part. The mag well will also remove too much of the stinkin' thing to remain structurally sound. (clearance for the follower button).

Right now I'm trying to figure out the best way to section the thing, both aesthetically, and structurally. It's VERY easy to see why noone has even TRIED to mass produce these things!

This makes a 1911 frame look laughably simple!

Ken

Edited by m134b

Justin is a great guy, and has done some really cool stuff. He's actually the reason I got my CNC :D:ph34r: That's my biggest problem! My "day" job isn't interested in helping me get better at programming, so I'm having to do it myself, in what small amount of free time I have.

I'm thinking I can leave the area below the trigger guard solid, and just take the right side out right below the mag catch. I should have some progress on that by Feb. LOL!

Ken