Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sv Short Dust Cover, Go Heavy Or Go Light

BBQ

BBQ

Got the DC cut off and I really like the lighter gun. My first stage with it was a little off. I went over the first target from the draw, and past the first couple. After that I got used to it. The gun transitions so much quicker without the extra weight. I have not noticed anymore recoil. I like the way it snaps back on target faster. I will be on the range this week doing timing drills to compare.

Benny at Triangle did the job while I waited. First rate job.

Mike

mike4045,

Now I have more faith in my new toy. :D Did benny light weight your slide?

I went to John Jardine's shop last saturday and have him do some trigger job with S7 tool steel hammer, sear, disconnector on the pistols, same components in STD Valtros. Also, I asked him to raise up the rear grip with matching front grip height for better recoil control. It will be like the "two-tone valtro"(worth $8000) on www.valtrousa.com.

He said,

"Higher grip= better recoil control and better indexing.

Heavier= better control, but slower transion.

Lighter = more flip, but faster transion (Also, changing slide more often)"

Different smith, Different theory!!!!!

When I was there, he show me one off his East Coast customer's CCO "Colt Commander Officer" (worth $10,500 of functional and art work) with the same rear grip job that he is going to perform on my gun. It felt so natural in my hand(firing position with thumb on top of the safty) without feeling any force asserted on the thumb.

I am really looking forward to them. Too bad I have to wait for 2 to 3 weeks. But, it will be well worth it. :P

Got to go back to instant-noodle diet now!!! :(