Travis Tomasie's Ltd Gun

EricW

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erik,

Hurry up and tell us I have to pee. :D

Ever hear the story how the great astronomer Tycho Brahe died? Take care of business.

======================

Hint #2:

What TT's gun tells you is not as esoteric as the guessers have guessed. I want someone to successfully guess why.

That is thought to be urban legend, with current thought attributing his demise to mercury poisoning. But, as an alternative one need only look at the reason grampa Simpson needed a kidney donation from Homer.

Decisions, decisions, and limited coin........do I get my other heater dipped like Predator, or dip some parts on the truck??

Lots of people have asked about Fred Craig. He's currently unavailable and conducting contracting work in Iraq. Don't forget EGW (George Smith is the professor!!) and Rich Dettlehouser ( http://www.canyon-creek.com/ ). Rich has been doing some amazing work on Caspians. I shot a 6" hi-cap of his that was sweeeeet nectar.

Some very exciting things are on the horizon for the Caspian frame. I've been working with a manufacturer on the development of a new magazine, and Caspian has been very supportive and has agreed to invest in the project and make them a reality.

Hi Bulm540- I believe it has around 50K rounds and the ugly one I'm not sure. I traded a plastic gun for it and am not totally sure of its history. As the dust cover testifies it was a convertible and did double duty as an open gun. It is truly an awesome shooter.

Super G- I'll give the Joe man word about your blaster!

Henny- You're too nice! ;)

Best regards,

TT

BigDave and I were discussing this topic today. Since T_T's blaster is now "Predator," we thought I needed an equally appropriate name for mine.

The final answer: "Cotton." It can't hurt you unless you choke on it.

:lol:

• 5 weeks later...

Travis,

I think the other side of your Caspian is much more interesting. Your gun sure felt good with the grip work. I've been playing with JB Weld trying to make my SV feel that good.

The class was great!

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to see a reload contest between this guy and Jerry Miculek.

Who do you think would win?

Your bud,

Boo

LOL, you've got to be kidding? Travis could do two reloads while Jerry does one (assuming they both hit their personal best). Jerry did a 1.4 s reload in his record runs, while Travis could probably hit a .65 s

I'd bet the house on Jerry. Travis is a great guy, but Jerry actually practices with, and has competed with, a pistol. Travis, if you've done more than look at revolvers in magazines and thought "what a quaint blaster" we need to hear about it.

Let's hear more about the magazines for Caspian frame guns.

Travis,

I think the other side of your Caspian is much more interesting. Your gun sure felt good with the grip work.  I've been playing with JB Weld trying to make my SV feel that good.

The class was great!

Bob

Bob- Thank you! It was a pleasure having you in the class and you are an awesome student. I hope we'll see you on the range this season!

To those asking about the finish, it has held up pretty good. I would say a bit better than blue. There are obvious signs of wear from the holster on the trigger guard, but that's about it.

Matt McLearn of M2I won the gov contract to build me a new Caspian .40 and it will be done shortly. If you remind me I'll try to post some pics of the new heater.

Pat- I'm not sure where Caspian is at on the new mags. I may have some 20 round .40 mags available at Max's Choice very shortly.

Travis

• 1 month later...

Here are a few pictures of my new M2i Caspian, built by Matt McLearn. This has already become my favorite gun and has earned 1st string. The fit on this thing is amazing and it’s the softest .40 I’ve ever shot. There is nothing like having the Nation & World IPSC Champ building your gun. Thank you Matt, you are THE man!

http://www.mattmclearn.com/

m2itt.jpg

m2itt2.jpg

Travis Tomasie

GO ARMY