Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Travis Tomasie's Ltd Gun

EricW

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is pretty much the sweetest Limited gun I have ever seen. Please do tell where, who, how long and how much it takes to get one exactly like it. In particular, who makes that trigger??? Love them flat triggers, but couldnt find one for a Caspian til now.

That is pretty much the sweetest Limited gun I have ever seen. Please do tell where, who, how long and how much it takes to get one exactly like it. In particular, who makes that trigger??? Love them flat triggers, but couldnt find one for a Caspian til now.

Fantom? Fred Craig, right?

There's just something about a Caspian...

Hydrographics rock.. It's like a giant decal. basically you paint something onto special 'paper', float that paper on a tank of water, the 'paper' dissolves away and the paint stays floating. Then you dunk your part through the paint layer-- the water wraps it around and sticks it to the part...

First 1911 I've seen done that way. I'd guess the finish will hold up about as well as the full-camo shotguns and such you see. They're done the same way.

Don't forget 'ol Joe. He keeps the AMU guns a humm'in and you ought to see his baby picture. Hey T, let me know when your next promotion is going to happen, we will try to beat the last one! Adios

When I look at the 2nd picture that TT posted, I'm reminded with that backgroud of the movie Predator when you could "see" the title character with his camo on. Kind a spooky, but the cool kind of spooky. Actually, Predator wouldn't be a bad name for a blaster. Especially if said blaster was in the capable hands of someone named Travis.

Don't forget 'ol Joe.  He keeps the AMU guns a humm'in and you ought to see his baby picture.  Hey T, let me know when your next promotion is going to happen, we will try to beat the last one!  Adios

Chief! It’s great to hear you’re well brother! I can never thank you enough for the greatest promotion ever. The sound of the mini’s in stereo and the rush of the G’s still gets my adrenaline pumping! You are the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

Thanks guys-

The contact info for the finish is:

DuraCoat

Bobby Davlin

(706) 321-1222

Cell (706) 681-0759

Ask for Bobby. I explained to him the sport of IPSC and that I needed the most durable finish. Just make sure to tell him you shoot what Travis the Army guy shoots and want the same treatment on your pistol. The turn around was three days.

Cullen- What a small world….I’ve been reading your articles for some time. I’ve built a Mk1 and a Mk2 and really appreciate your work.

Dave- That name rocks! My heater would be honored if you don’t mind??

Kimberkid- Thanks! As Dave said this was built by Fred Craig back in ’98 when he homologated the Caspian hi-cap for USPSA Limited (Fred is a genius). I make the flat triggers myself by filling in the holes with epoxy and using a file to flatten the trigger pad. If you still want access to the over travel screw, you can take one of those little straws that comes taped to brake cleaner cans, and stick it in the access slot before you fill the pad with epoxy. I believe EGW can make you a flat Caspian trigger as well.

Just so you don’t think I’ve gone soft and want a “pretty gun”, here’s my other .40 cal:

ttcaspians.jpg

Now that's more like it.

TT