Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Travis Tomasie's Ltd Gun

EricW

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the final guess that I can giveis, It is just a cool lookin gun. Lots of things make it this and not one specific trait. If not that then I guess I give up on the slide glide lol. Well let us know soon. This is gonna kill me. LOL

Happy Shooting

Paul Franklin

My guess:  Looking at the gun proves that dryfire works!  That gun shows why Travis has a _PERFECT_ reload.

BradC

DING DING DING!!!!!!

We have a winner! :)

You guessed it kind of in reverse, but I'll take it. Travis' gun is remarkable because if you saw Travis with that gun holstered at a match, you would not need to know anything about Travis Tomasie to immediately know he was a contender. One look in that magwell tells you that 99.95% of all of Travis' reloads are all net. Most people's magwells kind of have the dings sort of randomly distributed around. Virtually all of the wear in Travis' magwell is right on the seam, probably from the mag going in and out so much, not from a lot of missed reloads.

I think we all get a little too worried about having a pretty gun. I found it pretty remarkable that a gun could be such a mirror on someone's talent level.

=====================================

Brad,

PM me with your pertinent info and what weight Slide Glide suits your fancy, and I'll try to get some on it's way to you early this week.

Good job!

My guess:  Looking at the gun proves that dryfire works!  That gun shows why Travis has a _PERFECT_ reload.

BradC

DING DING DING!!!!!!

We have a winner! :)

You guessed it kind of in reverse, but I'll take it. Travis' gun is remarkable because if you saw Travis with that gun holstered at a match, you would not need to know anything about Travis Tomasie to immediately know he was a contender. One look in that magwell tells you that 99.95% of all of Travis' reloads are all net. Most people's magwells kind of have the dings sort of randomly distributed around. Virtually all of the wear in Travis' magwell is right on the seam, probably from the mag going in and out so much, not from a lot of missed reloads.

I think we all get a little too worried about having a pretty gun. I found it pretty remarkable that a gun could be such a mirror on someone's talent level.

=====================================

Brad,

PM me with your pertinent info and what weight Slide Glide suits your fancy, and I'll try to get some on it's way to you early this week.

Good job!

Darn and that was going to be my next guess. LOL. Ahhhh well Congrats on the slide glide Brad.

Eric. Thanks. Get me hopes all up. LOL just messin. Thanks for what I like to call some mental stimulation.

Happy shooting.

Paul Franklin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey guys,

Randy just sent me this thread and I wanted to thank you all for such kind words! I really don’t deserve any of that, but it was really nice of you.

Well, since my Caspian Fantom won the Point Series, I treated my buddy to a new finish (can you believe it's the same gun?):

ttcaspian1.jpg

ttcaspian3.jpg

ttcaspian5.jpg

EricW, I just got it back and now I need to install my Tru Grit for traction.

Thanks again everybody,

TT

GO ARMY

Thanks a million guys!

I think a carbon fiber finish is very untraditional so it's probably not for everybody.

Cullen, good call! You must be a fellow car nut :)

The finish is a process called hydrographics by Dura Coat. He can do a matte or high gloss finish (mine is matte), and also Real Tree camo. He had about a dozen scatterguns done in Real Tree and some Glocks in that finish as well, but the Benelli in carbon fiber was me. Here’s a pic that maybe shows the detail better, but I probably need a newer digicam:

ttcaspian6.jpg

His shop is local to me so if anybody is interested I’ll get his number and contact information.

Thank you for the kind words gentlemen.

TT