Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Travis Tomasie's Ltd Gun

EricW

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why EricW loves Travis' gun so much:

Easy. Because it is a well worn, but well cared for tool. Much like a block plane handed down from grandfather, to father, to son. It shows that is has been used as a tool of the craft and bears the scars of that use proudly. Yet it is well cared for. It still works and isn't covered in rust.

It is functional and practical. It isn't a pretty toy. It is a tool.

That even close? ;)

y'all forgot one element, it is damn Reliable.

Because Caspian Arms sent TT a pair of brand new 2nd Gen frames checkered, fitted with slides and Schuemann barrels ready to be sent to EGW or Craig AND those guns in the pictures are for sale. Or is it TT switching to SVI modular frames and those Caspian guns are being sold. josh

TT had posted on Max's forum that he is shooting a caspian for open, an SV/STI for limited and a caspian for L10

EGW built the open gun..not sure on the other guns...

That gun is cool..becuase there are no tricks on it..it is a gun that is shot and is only purpose is to run and run and run and to win..and we all know TTs skill and we know from that it is the shooter not the gun...

Eric,

A. Because it's the first gun we've seen posted that looks like someone has dry and live fired it a lot.

B. Because it looks like a tool should --- well used but not abused, with only those modifications that improved it's usefullness to its owner.

C. Because it's not a perfect, just back from the smith's, and refinisher's, pretty gun; though it is quite attractive in it's function dictates appearance look.

D. Because it's not a Glock.

E. Because it's in your posession.

Ok and for my second guess I will have to say because of the look of the gun. I.E. the nick marks in the mag well showing just how much he practiced and used the gun to get to where he is in the sport. The grip tape showing that he used a practical method for tetention of his grip. The rubbed off paint on the mag well showing how man times this gun has been drawn both in practice of his skills and in comp.

Hmmmmm am I any closer to the slide glide. LOL

Happy Shooting

Paul Franklin

I didn't buy TT's gun, much less even know it was for sale (I don't think it is).

(I can't believe that I have to do this :P)

Hint:

Travis' gun is cool, because it tells you something. What might that be?

Ok Eric,,,come clean... Did you buy one of TT's blasters??? I didn't get the impression that TT was selling but who knows!!!

[ Beat-up piece of crap looking blaster comparison mode on]

I spent the better part of today RO'ing Steve Anderson and his Caspian. As I said to a buddy tonight,,,TT's magwell looks well used, but I've never seen a magwell that was almost worn out until today...

[ Beat-up piece of crap looking blaster comparison mode off/]

I guess I didn't consider a magwell as a part that would someday need replacement. Then came Steve!!!

:D;)B)

Too bad Travis doesn't shoot his Caspian anymore, though I could understand being a little upset over it. I was unaware of the mag problem until the 1998 incident. After which I had one shortened by Fred Crag. He hacked it and stuck an internal block of aluminum in the magazine. Not only was it a pain to assemble reassemble, it now only got 18. So I set out for a better solution. When I was done, my previously over sized 19 round magazine went out for a test. So I'm loading and counting to make sure I still get 19.... what? this must be a mistake. Unload / Reload..... wait this can't be right. Here, you try it. Sure enough, my mags not only now were USPSA legal... they held 20!! :D

Unfortunately, a several horrible customer service incidents made me abandon Caspian. Sometimes I regret selling it.

Since this is the Gallery, here was mine with 6 20 round (reliable and easy to reload to) mags and one 16 round converted super mag.

casp2.jpg

Was most likely his fathers blaster perhaps and was given too him probably, just a guess. Appears this pistol may spent many hours at Interlake Gun Range in Western Washington, know this because, I recently joined Interlake’s outside range several months ago and checked the membership sign in log, concluding TT spent many, many hours at the range practicing, sometimes twice a day. No, I never met him.

Erik,

Hurry up and tell us I have to pee. :D

Ever hear the story how the great astronomer Tycho Brahe died? Take care of business.

======================

Hint #2:

What TT's gun tells you is not as esoteric as the guessers have guessed. I want someone to successfully guess why.