Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 650 Case Insert Assy.

I've had two pair of the case feed slide & cam assembly crumble. The second time was with the new replacement parts and they failed even before I tried loading. I was very carefull not to get the allen bolt too tight. I may just take my broken parts and Gorrilla Glue them togeather to make the assyembly one piece. I asked Dillon if they had a heavy duty optional metal one but they said they just had the plastic.

Any tricks or ideas?? :huh:

Steve

I've got you beat! I had three go in two weeks.

I think the first went because of fatigue(three years)

The second just crumbled like yours.

The third was broken apart by something the chute. Something????? caught it and then it tore the slide cam assembly to pieces.

I got new ones from Dillon. Loaded 1300 223. Everything seems OK now.

I think I would just get new ones form Dillon. It seems that there was a bad batch (the crumbeling ones)

Pinkerton OUT!

Pinkerton,

Thank you - I guess it wasn't me (not that I really concidered that :D ). Dillon is already sending me a new assembly. I hope this repacement-replacment is good. I can't figure out why the don't simply make them out of aluminum and give it their Teflon treatment. It should then be a lifetime part instead of a couple of years part.

In the meantime I've gued-glued the big pieces with Gorilla Glue to try to use while I wait for the snail-mailed replacment to arrive :angry:

Steve