Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder Bar Ponderations

Just kinda-sorta wondering what the result would be if the charge bar was "refinished" with one of the slick gun finishes such as MP3, Teflon, etc.

Also, FWIW, if it's cleaned right after use, the new $7.00 Crest electric toothbrushes work pretty good for a bunch of things.

Since the PB is plastic,

I assume we're talking about the Dillon powder measure, the powder bar is aluminum, I've got 3 of them ranging from almost 20 yrs old to brand new, they are all the same.

How old is your powder bar? If your powder bar is either black, dark gray or a matt silver, then it already has a baked on teflon coating. The very first powder bars made in 1985 & 86 were uncoated, and the MIM steel bars used a couple of years ago were blued. All alloy bars before and after have been teflon coated.

Since the PB is plastic,

I assume we're talking about the Dillon powder measure, the powder bar is aluminum, I've got 3 of them ranging from almost 20 yrs old to brand new, they are all the same.

I stand (sit) corrected. Hmmm... must be something in the air. ;)

Interesting, I didn't know they had used blued steel powder bars at one time. B)

My older powder bars appear to have no coating at all, the new one is a different color, kind of a dull gray, I guess that's the coating.

I've been using powdered mica on things that need to slide but can't take oil.

Not slicker than monkey snot or anything, but it does lower the friction.

Also will not contaminate powder charges, even use it on shotgun wads.

Travis F