Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cr Speed Wsm Vs. G Model

twix

Twix,

For your Glock, right?

The "G" holster is slightly different. There is a "bump" in what I would call the under the trigger guard spot.

I'm not sure if the G package includes the versa-hanger? I have a couple (well, my better half has them) of CR Speed holsters without the versa-hanger. They don't get the holster away from the body enough for my taste. The gun won't be anywhere near as far from the body as your Hogue Power Speed if you don't have the versa-hanger.

Twix,

I think Flex is right on. I have a G for a large frame Glock. It, like the "A" model for 1911's is ok but the 2001 model is much nicer. Slimmer and a straighter shot to the gun, and the versa hanger is easier to setup.

Also, know that if you order directly from Rescomp, you will be waiting a while. Sometimes they are faster than others, but I have a friend who would swear his holster came from South Africa by rowboat. It took about 6 weeks or longer.

Just for kicks, I checked a couple of the "regular" IPSC suppliers that I have bought from and found the prices to be pretty good compared to the Rescomp direct prices.

Speedshooter has the WSM holster for the Glock, the CR belt, and 3 pouches for $247.75 plus shipping ($7 or 8).

Shooter's Connection has the same setup (well the 2001 holster for Glock, not the WSM though I am not sure there is really much of a difference?) for $249.84 plus shipping.

I recommend both Rene at Speedshooter and Chuck at Shooter's Connection, and would split the difference between the prices from Rescomp and go with one of them if it were up to me. Hope that helped.

Bryant

Flex- So does the CR speed with the versa-hanger adjust farther out from your body than the model without it? I'm curious because I am considering purchasing a CR Speed. Thanks!

I don't have one here to compare...but, I think think so.

Twix,

I just realized that you are asking about the holster for a STI?

If so, I don't thing you want a "G" model.

I'm getting a nice deal on an as new STI Edge from a buddy. The CR Speed set-up seems like the way to go, although I am open for suggestions.

The same buddy waited forever to get his rig from Rescomp direct.

I'll just call Chuck at shooters Connection, he's always great to work with, and prompt.

Yes, this holster is for an STI Edge, I'm going in. The 1911 bastages finally got to me.

But I'm keeping my Glock.

I ordered a CR Speed set up from Chuck at Shooter's Connection. It was cheaper than going through Rescomp direct, with an extra mag pouch. Plus you get to chat with Chuck.

I would've liked to buy from our host, but I really didn't want the Safariland.

Thanks all.

Oh yes, Chuck only sells the CR with the versahanger.

I would've liked to buy from our host, but I really didn't want the Safariland.

I have a CR speed setup with the WSM model for my glock 17 and its great, now I purchased a Custom STI from Limcat and I am looking for the best set for this gun. I have been looking at the Safariland and CR speed, I kinda like the mag pouches that only hold the mag by the sides and look inclined outwards vs. the versa pouch from CR, but I dont really know it there is any advantage between any of this, what would you guys suggest for this new gun?

THANKS

I guess you would have to weigh any possible speed gained versus the effort of altering your technique. I asked Chuck Bradley about those as well (aren't they Limcats?) and he says he will sell them but doesn't recomend them. I know that is secondhand advice but I listened to Chuck and it's my thread dang it. :D