Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock .40 S&W 22 Round Mags

Roadkill751

I was at the factory the other week and talked to my contact there. Apparently, those mags that are for sale on the civilian market were over-runs from a US military contract. The organization wanted the longest magazine that could fit in their current SMG mag pouches. Voila! 162mm.

I let him know that USPSA shooters need a magazine that is no longer than 141.25 mm along the spine. He seemed interested.... We'll see what happens.

I was at the factory the other week and talked to my contact there. Apparently, those mags that are for sale on the civilian market were over-runs from a US military contract. The organization wanted the longest magazine that could fit in their current SMG mag pouches. Voila! 162mm.

I let him know that USPSA shooters need a magazine that is no longer than 141.25 mm along the spine. He seemed interested.... We'll see what happens.

That'd be great if they did, but you'd think if they were open to a suggestion like that, Dave or Randi would have maybe mentioned it by now. But if they come out with them, I'm buyin' some!

That'd be great if they did, but you'd think if they were open to a suggestion like that, Dave or Randi would have maybe mentioned it by now. But if they come out with them, I'm buyin' some!

unfortunately, USPSA is a small market, compared to the tactical world, LE, etc. probably wouldn't happen. I would hope so though!

Even is they came out with a mag (body) that fit our gauge, it would likely have a sloped bottom (mag floor plate). I expect that it would lose a few rounds of capacity compared to the flat angles of the after-market extended base pads we see today.

??

So, we'd still end up buying a base pad for it. Then, we'd be into all different sizes and such. UGH.

Even is they came out with a mag (body) that fit our gauge, it would likely have a sloped bottom (mag floor plate). I expect that it would lose a few rounds of capacity compared to the flat angles of the after-market extended base pads we see today.

??

So, we'd still end up buying a base pad for it. Then, we'd be into all different sizes and such. UGH.

I would seriously doubt that they'd do a weird floorplate. These 160s have the same floorplate as the flush-fitting magazine. I was very careful to explain "the gauge" when we were talking.

• 3 weeks later...

but would they make make it for the box rule for production?

I would think not.

There's no inherent capacity advantage in Production. 10+1 in the gun at any time maximum in the U.S.; 15+1 in the gun maximum elsewhere. Glocks will do that any day of the week with regular magazines, even the 19s.

Edited by Braxton1

??

I would seriously doubt that they'd do a weird floorplate. These 160s have the same floorplate as the flush-fitting magazine. I was very careful to explain "the gauge" when we were talking.

Right, that is what I'm saying... I believe the standard base pads would be down a few rounds of capacity .