Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stupid Crap from the SHOT Show

ErikW

SHOT show report 1st day (dude, fix your TITLE tag if you're gonna recycle last year's HTML)

Due to the United States military commitments in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Bosnia, Crimson Trace is selling every Beretta and 1911 [laser] grip it can produce.

It's bad enough that the poor schmucks have to use Beretta 92s, but then they go and put lasers on them?! I presume they are paying for them out of their own pockets and violating unit regulations by modifying the pistolas. Much the same for 1911s, by just having them in the first place. Or did so many Beretta slides crack that the armed forces had to pull some rusty old 1911s out of storage?

A couple of good signs are the Ruger Blackhawk, Vaquero, and P89 grips are in full production and the AR15/M16 unit that was introduced last year has been improved and will enter production this year.  Here is Jennifer showing off the AR15 unit

God's holy trousers, a laser grip on a cowboy single action revolver?!? Oh, nice placement on the rifle... perfectly located to obscure the left eye of a right-handed shooter.

Jim’s rear sight is of similar configuration only his allows easy one-handed operation of the slide by hooking the rear sight on the belt, pocket, or shoe and pressing.

Well, great, because that's a big selling point for me. Because I want to fantasize that if I'm in a gunfight and I get one hand shot to pieces at the same time my gun malfunctions, I can hook that sight on my 501s to clear the jam and get back in the fight. Closer to reality, I'd be getting a toe tag soon after those two events happened simultaneously. In reality, I use a gun that doesn't jam, even one-handed.

The pistol is the pushed around a corner while the operator stays safely out of the line of fire.  The unit allows for a flashlight and laser target designator to also be used, the operator watches the target on a video screen and can fire the pistol without being exposed

OK, who's the intended market for this gizmo? Law enforcement? Well then it's good for them that they've got immunity from prosecution, but they're still in deep doo-doo in civil court. "So, officer, what you're saying is that the deceased didn't pose an imminent threat to your life or anybody else's because everybody was around the corner, out of his line of fire? Then why'd you blast him with this contraption?"

The news at Bushmaster is good.  They have introduced an AR type rifle in .308 of what appears to be very high quality construction.  Great thing is that it uses plentiful and inexpensive FAL mags.

Mongo like! What's stupid about it? Nothing; everybody else is stupid to use rare and expensive M14 magazines or derivatives.

RRA has been awarded the exclusive contract to provide rifles to the DEA.  5000 rifles in fact

That's just great. Heaven knows we needed more heavily armed federal agents to fight a 40-year-old war they can't win.

day 2 (oh man, now the TITLE tag is even worse)

Taurus has also decided to get involved in the Cowboy single action market with the hammer forged, .45 Long Colt, Gaucho Single Action.

How long before I can get pair of Crimson Trace laser grips for that baby and compete in SASS Open division?

day 3 (OK, I give up on the TITLE tag)

Kahr is also offering completely redesigned Thomson carbines, one even has a gold finish applied.  The new gun is a mil-spec M1 carbine so it will accept military surplus parts.  Here is a photo of the carbines.

God's holy trousers! Somebody tell Kahr's marketing manager that Uday and Qusay are dead, Saddam was captured, and there's no more market for their gold-plated pimped out Tommy guns. But good on ya for doing Thompsons in the first place.

They have designed a new robust .50 BMG handgun.  They have the patents and design in place and are looking for a company who wishes to purchase the rights and manufacture it.

Sure, people will be lined up around the block to shoot that thing. They will disperse after the first shooter fractures his wrist. They should ask Birdman Weapons Systems to manufacture it.

day 4

The Stampede is out as well and the standard blue model has some beautiful case colors

Whither the laser grips?

Please note this is the Hate forum and I couldn't give a flying F what you think about my non-tactical view of sights, lasers, and whatnot. I don't want to hear about how Jim C. is a minor deity or DEA agents are just doing their job.

Jim’s rear sight is of similar configuration only his allows easy one-handed operation of the slide by hooking the rear sight on the belt, pocket, or shoe and pressing.

Holy Sh*t! I just looked at this link. They re-invented the buckhorn sight. That's fing hysterical! Does this mean I can Go Tactical with my 1886?

No, you aren't paying attention. What you do is put the buckhorn sights on your modern autopistol and the laser grips on your cowboy blaster.

Next year at the SHOT show I will be exhibiting my new laser aiming device that fits in the tubular magazine of lever action rifles. I will also premiere my new Creedmore tactical rear sight, to fit Bo-Mar rear sight cuts. No warranty against breakage expressed or implied.

Next year at the SHOT show I will be exhibiting my new laser aiming device that fits in the tubular magazine of lever action rifles.

You know if you made it fit inside the tubular mag, and "only minor drilling required", then it would be capital-T-Tactical.

Next year at the SHOT show I will be exhibiting my new laser aiming device that fits in the tubular magazine of lever action rifles.

You know if you made it fit inside the tubular mag, and "only minor drilling required", then it would be capital-T-Tactical.

Both of you are too late:

http://www.wildwestguns.com/Accessories/Lightmount.jpg

All those flip up rear sights for the flattop AR's are just wanna-be tang sights. The lever guns had 'em first.

The lever guys need to get some of the vertical fore end grips. A pistol grip with a reshaped lever should be legal.

:o:o:o:o