Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

They Cancelled My Cro Class!

AikiDale

:angry:

I regret to inform you that the NROI Level II Seminar, (CRO Class), to be held on 3/6/04 - 3/7/04 at the Xenia Holiday Inn in Xenia Ohio has been cancelled. Due to the timing of the release of the new rule book, John Amadon has cancelled all RO and CRO classes that are scheduled for March 2004. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this will cause.

The reason for this is that the USPSA BOD have not yet finished with the rules. NROI is a very profitable area for USPSA. The BOD is causing the organization to lose money, which I believe is a very bad way of doing business. It is hard to tell how much longer this may go on as it has been at least three months, so no new classes, no new RO's, no new CRO's, or anything else. :(

Please contact the BOD of the USPSA (and Dave Thomas) on this matter.

I am the SC for Minnesota and our Level I RO class has been cancelled as well at this time.

I believe that the decision to cancel classes was wrong!!!

In our situation, we will be losing 20 potential RO's this year as we can not re-schedule until Fall or Spring of 2005.

I see no difference in training new RO's today with the current rules.....and then implement the new rules tomorrow (or 60 days from when they are published or what ever), than someone like myself who is a CRO and having to learn the new rules anyway. I do not see the logic in the decision....except maybe from a logistics standpoint, however, I would have thought that they took this into consideration a long time ago.

I am working very hard to get the March 27 RO class in MN re-instated. At this point I am somewhat optimistic that it will go on as scheduled. Of course, the fact that I am the Instructor for the class has no bearing on my push to keep the class.

Arnie