Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bolt Action Sniper Rifle

Lilly

I have the JP tank brake on an AR and a .270 bolt action and I always give a "It's about to get loud here" warning whenever I wind up on a public range. The warning get's pooh, poohed by a lot of folks until after the first shot from the AR! They move away real fast when I call the next warning right before I touch off the .270 :P

The JP Tank Brake Works! And it's the loudest one available too! The only place it's blast is bearable is at the rear of the scope, I love it :D

--

Regards,

• 13 years later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6.5 Creedmoor. Light recoil. Decent barrel life. Easy to find quality factory match ammo. If you want something lighter recoiling then go in the 6mm range (243 included) but barrel life goes down a lot. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure what distances you will be shooting and how serious you are in winning. The 223/556 with 77 grain TMK

projectile are very accurate and I have no Problems making consistent hits out to 600 yards with 18 inch JP rifle. 

Make sure you have 1-8 or 1-7 twist to shoot heavier Bullets. You can build this rifle much lighter than any of the 

larger calibers and not have any felt recoil and see your hits. This is a great combination for your requested criteria.

Ammo is available on shelf and inexpensive in comparison to larger calibers. 

Good luck