Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Barrel Ruined

weakeyes

I think what I just heard from Glock is important enough to start a new post. I asked in previous post if anyone had ever seen chipping on outside of glock bll,no one had. I just talked to Glock, They have never seen anything like it . They said the inside of bll was badly pitted down the bore even in the chamber. the left side of rear lug, the left rear of bll hood have chips out. The only thing they could come up with was my cleaning it with vingar and hydrogen peroxide. They didn't want to warranty the bll but when I told them I wanted it back, they said they would replace it, because they want to run test. They were pretty sure this was the cause, and I don't know of any other answer. If your using vin/peroxide you might want to stop. I sure did like cleaning with it, a 20 min soak and four swabs with a brass brush, and 4 to 700 rds of lead residue gone.

Does anyone have another explanation?

Weakeyes

I don't mean to seem crass, but why not stop shooting lead? I haven't cleaned my Glock barrel in like 3 years and don't plan to in the near future. If your Glock barrel leads so badly you have to resort to such measures, you need to get a KKM or a Barsto and be done with it.