Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
cletus9mm

furthest pistol shot you've attempted and made

Best I ever tried was a coyote at 123 paces. .357 sitting, first shot spine hit dead on poa. Haven't tried anything that far since

Furthest shot for me was at a cardboard deer cutout at 100 yards with a 1911. I took the shot on a whim and put the first one in the chest cavity. I saw no need to take a second one and risk being exposed. One shot, one kill.

USPSA metric target at 100 yards with my 9mm M&P shooting minor loads standing offhand, 5 out of 7 shots were in C zone. There was nothing resembling a group, but at least they hit. I was practicing rifle on a covered rifle line when it started to down pour. Was out of rifle ammo and only had 7 rounds on 9mm left from earlier pistol practice. I didn't feel like getting wet, so I decided to goof around and lob a few shots out to see what I could hit. Apparently more than I expected to. I had no idea what hold over I needed or anything. I would have been happy with a single hit.

I haven't really thought about trying any real far shots to be honest, but after reading some of the responses, I may have to. I have shot 50 yards at a 10" round steel target with success from a draw but nothing to brag about.

200 yds 8" plate with a Glock 34, somewhere around the 8-10 shot to hit it. Don't remember exactly.

Edited by wally247

Not my longest pistol shot but most memorable was a 100 yard popper 1st round hit with my NAA 22 mag Pug revolver with its massive 1" barrel. I loaded it back up put it back in my pocket and called it a day.

Rocky Mountain 3 Gun Championship: 1st round hit ~ 1400 yards on steel Metric target with ~ 14 mph cross wind. .338 Lapua round.

Lots of fun.

Rocky Mountain 3 Gun Championship: 1st round hit ~ 1400 yards on steel Metric target with ~ 14 mph cross wind. .338 Lapua round.

Lots of fun.

I bet that is some harsh recoil with a .338 Lapua handgun!! :roflol:

100 yards, doing load devlepment on the open gun and shot at a shilotte target at the hundred yard line. Not good grouping by any means but every shot was a hit.

Not the longest shot (I was considered pretty good in IHMSA) but a recent one on video.

75 yards on a full size steel plate. It was the final target at a local outlaw match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glock 17, with KKM barrel and Leupold Deltapoint.

300 yards on a 50% IPSC steel. Made about 25% of my shots when the mag went dry.

Than I switched to my 26" smoothbore SX3 with front bead only and embedded 3 slugs into the 4x4 that was holding up the steel about 6" below the steel.

Edited by tt350z

I shot a squirrel the other day at 220 offhand with my open-sighted Bianchi iron-sight gun. I'm not proud of it, but it happened. lol. Second shot.

wow - there are some long shots with the pistol out there. I've tried at 175 yards with my M&P but was unsuccessful. My longest successful shot was at 75 yards.

most difficult shot I ever made was a first-round hit 1-handed(strong) out of a car window at a 20 oz. water bottle around 100 yards away. stock glock 34 115 grain american eagle.

Lots of cool and impressive shots here...one thing comes to mind that my Dad used to tell me....

"anybody can make a lucky shot...once, now twice that takes some skill"

He was my only shooting instructor and a task master on the fundamentals.

Edited by P.E. Kelley

Not the longest shot (I was considered pretty good in IHMSA) but a recent one on video.

So I,m guessing you may have shot some chickens at 200? Hit a few of them back in the day, in shoot offs. Man thsoe were some good times.

So I,m guessing you may have shot some chickens at 200? Hit a few of them back in the day, in shoot offs. Man thsoe were some good times.

Yes sir. Loved that game. International (Master) in every category except revolver. Set 2 national records and won the region

7 champs in big bore and field pistol.

Yes sir. Loved that game. International (Master) in every category except revolver. Set 2 national records and won the region

7 champs in big bore and field pistol.

Yea, I did pretty good myself. That's where I learned to shoot. I still have a small bore range in my back yard.

Used to shoot clay pigeons out at 150 to 200 yrs with my 29 classic .44. Don't quite have the eyes for that any more.

140 yards with a J frame on a steel silloette. It had a LOT of drop.