cletus9mm

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Furthest shot for me was at a cardboard deer cutout at 100 yards with a 1911. I took the shot on a whim and put the first one in the chest cavity. I saw no need to take a second one and risk being exposed. One shot, one kill.

USPSA metric target at 100 yards with my 9mm M&P shooting minor loads standing offhand, 5 out of 7 shots were in C zone. There was nothing resembling a group, but at least they hit. I was practicing rifle on a covered rifle line when it started to down pour. Was out of rifle ammo and only had 7 rounds on 9mm left from earlier pistol practice. I didn't feel like getting wet, so I decided to goof around and lob a few shots out to see what I could hit. Apparently more than I expected to. I had no idea what hold over I needed or anything. I would have been happy with a single hit.

I haven't really thought about trying any real far shots to be honest, but after reading some of the responses, I may have to. I have shot 50 yards at a 10" round steel target with success from a draw but nothing to brag about.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not my longest pistol shot but most memorable was a 100 yard popper 1st round hit with my NAA 22 mag Pug revolver with its massive 1" barrel. I loaded it back up put it back in my pocket and called it a day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Glock 17, with KKM barrel and Leupold Deltapoint.

300 yards on a 50% IPSC steel. Made about 25% of my shots when the mag went dry.

Than I switched to my 26" smoothbore SX3 with front bead only and embedded 3 slugs into the 4x4 that was holding up the steel about 6" below the steel.

Edited by tt350z

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of cool and impressive shots here...one thing comes to mind that my Dad used to tell me....

"anybody can make a lucky shot...once, now twice that takes some skill"

He was my only shooting instructor and a task master on the fundamentals.

Edited by P.E. Kelley

Not the longest shot (I was considered pretty good in IHMSA) but a recent one on video.

So I,m guessing you may have shot some chickens at 200? Hit a few of them back in the day, in shoot offs. Man thsoe were some good times.

Not the longest shot (I was considered pretty good in IHMSA) but a recent one on video.

So I,m guessing you may have shot some chickens at 200? Hit a few of them back in the day, in shoot offs. Man thsoe were some good times.

Yes sir. Loved that game. International (Master) in every category except revolver. Set 2 national records and won the region

7 champs in big bore and field pistol.

Yes sir. Loved that game. International (Master) in every category except revolver. Set 2 national records and won the region

7 champs in big bore and field pistol.

Yea, I did pretty good myself. That's where I learned to shoot. I still have a small bore range in my back yard.

• 2 months later...