furthest pistol shot you've attempted and made

cletus9mm

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once upon a time I shot a bottle at about 100 yards, strong hand, with a friends Model 66 snubbie. I have been trying to buy that gun from him for the last 25 years...

Edited by tha1000

I hit a 10" plate at 265 yards today on the 4th try. I was pretty surprised. Windage was spot on from the get go, just getting the elevation dialed was the issue as the plate was also considerably up a hill from where I was standing. (Distance was figured with two different lasers from guys shooting rifles next to me)

what are you aiming at since how can see a 10" plate at 265 yds?

it was bright white against darg green foliage, it was easy to see. but i had to aim about 3' above it, center. like i said, took me a bit to walk it in. i was able to hit it about every 3rd or 4th shot.

No calling it as a skill, or repeatable thing. The rifle guys next to me were laughing just as loud as i was. It was comedic that it could even happen, and that I did it twice in 10 rounds of trying. Please don't make do a video for proof like i had to do in the mozambique drill thread....

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a video from today. "C" zone steel at 230 yards with my Infinity 5.4 Sight Tracker. FWIW, I just put two of the serrations of the front sight above the rear sight and it was hitting all around the target.

Thanks for posting a vid! Sweet shot.

• 3 months later...

I can do clay pigeons at 100yds with my Shadow once dialed in for offset. Best is a 30 for 30 string. But that's nothing compared to a buddy who did a Base Ruth thing with his Glock 21, 6-8 inch aluminum plate at 325 yds. First shot after doing all the theatrics, hit it with a full bullet hit on the left corner area. Impressively huge crater from the fmj bullet too. 4 of us watching going, "Wow".

My single stack 1911 .45ACP easily shoots 4" groups at 100 yards with 230gr softball. Due to the sight plane and trajectory it's dead on at 25 and 100 yards, so it's easy to shock the crap out of everyone at the range.

Seems very few people are aware of the vast difference between a stock 1911 with factory ammo vs a hand made match gun with handloads lovingly tailored to the gun. It's hilarious the reactions you get when you outshoot some redneck's favorite deer rifle using 'ol slabsides.

I tried it at 200 yards but the low power rounds used for best accuracy (800-820fps) are pretty bad for trying to get some distance. I was aiming well over the target and hitting the dirt in front of it.

IPSC torso target at 500 yards, standing offhand with a stock Glock 34, 9mph crosswind. Took me 5 shots before I tagged it on the head. I was in the best "shooting shape" of my life just prior to 2015 Bianchi Cup. I have it on video too.