Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is This Legal

RHall

Ladies and Gentlemen:

The BoD has adopted the policy of no reshoots being issued for special classifiers. Second entries are still welcome, but unless there is a situation under USPSA rules that calls for a reshoot, none will be given. It is the boards feeling that classifiers are meant to judge a persons skills ON DEMAND. If you trash a classifier, then you trash a classifier. Even though it may not be indicitive of your skill level, there is always next time. Competitors can practice on their own time to hopefully "shoot the lights out", but we can no longer allow someone to call "do-over". Time constraints simply do not allow for it, and we do not wish to tax our RO staff any more than we have to by making them stay after the match to do reshoots in the hot summer sun. We will of course, honor the above persons request to send in his classifier that was re-shot when the funds are received. Sorry for any confusion that was caused, and I hope that this resolves the matter. Nobody, regardless of their IPSC experience can possibly know everything. We continue to learn through valuable forums such as these. Thank you for all your input, shoot straight, and I hope you all have a safe and fun shooting season!!!

DVC,

Jeff LaFave

Livingston Gun Club

Vice President

Guest Larry Cazes

Seems to me that allowing reshooting of a classifier without an equipment failure or other good reason reduces the effectiveness of the whole classification system. If I were running a match, I wouldn't allow it. Sounds like a good decision guys.

Seems to me that allowing reshooting of a classifier without an equipment failure or other good reason reduces the effectiveness of the whole classification system. If I were running a match, I wouldn't allow it. Sounds like a good decision guys.

WE cant have MD going around just not allowing things because they dont think they should. They should follow the rules not make new ones.

Classifier reshoots are a club option, but once allowed there is no USPSA policy reason not to submit them.

Regards,

Dave Thomas

USPSA Executive Director

I'd say there is a rule...

I'm locking this one again now that the club's BoD decision has been posted and the initial and subsequent rule questions have been answered.