Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how many rounds will a 2011 go?

INGOglock34

I have thinking about getting a 2011 in 40 and just have no idea how many rounds one of these type of guns should last. I see used ones for sale with X-thousand round count and have no idea what that means when if comes to how many rounds it has left. how many rounds is too much? How many round is just broke in?

thanks for the help

Edited by INGOglock34

I've put 20,000 rounds through my Super Tuned Dawson Edge and it is just as tight now as it was after 1000 rounds. Clean it, lube it, and run a heavy enough spring so it takes the abuse and not the rest of the gun and it should last a very long time.

I run a very light spring (10lbs.) in my STI Edge and I'm over halfway to 100,000 rounds in less than 4 years.

Take care of it, clean & oil it often, and when you have it apart look for signs of premature wear so you can fix any issues before they become real problems, and your gun should last you a very long time.

If it's built right, and taken care of, it will last a looong time. I've seen several with over 50,000 round through them that are still tight. :cheers:

If it's not built right---well, you get the idea.

If it's built right, and taken care of, it will last a looong time. I've seen several with over 50,000 round through them that are still tight. :cheers:

Do you think there is a difference as far as 'built right' between say a factory STI (that is mass prodeced, but is correct) and a similar gun built by a gunsmith? I've always been curious if a built gun is more than just smoother / better trigger etc., but if the hand-fittedness of it might make it last longer.

Do you think there is a difference as far as 'built right' between say a factory STI (that is mass prodeced, but is correct) and a similar gun built by a gunsmith? I've always been curious if a built gun is more than just smoother / better trigger etc., but if the hand-fittedness of it might make it last longer.

The custom built gun might hold it's accuracy a bit longer, but parts breaking should be about the same. R,

I have more than one 2011 platform that has in excess of 30K on each frame, like was said earlier, competent 'smithing to build em and periodic cleaning and inspection on the owner/shooter's part they should live a long and happy life free of problems, least mine are...

I had an early McCormick frame go 30K in one yr, and back then they were basically still prototypes and we were the beta testers

Edited by calishootr