Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 MGM Ironman

Travis, are you using the old school 60 second failure to spin this year or will the reduced 45 second penalty that I heard bantered about going to be used?

The rooms are booked and I am starting to get excited for our annual pilgramage to Parma!

If anyone who is flying in needs a place to ship some ammo, we could Sherpa some down for a couple of guy at least.

Let's get ready to rumble!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true you need to rebarrel after this match?

Chrome lined barrels last 20-40k, chrome moly and stainless barrels last 10-20k depending on how hard and fast you shoot them. Unless your barrel is at the end of its service life already I don't see that happenning. Even if you really screw up and shoot 3-4 mags rapidly on several stages, that doesn't wear out a barrel. I think some people might do it after the fact to feel better about not being able to hit anything at the match.

Stages are being posted up on the website. Link below. All stages should be up by the end of the day. Please check with your buddies to make sure they are getting these e mails. I don’t have e mails for some of you who signed up late.

All of these stages were designed by me, but a good friend of mine named Lin Webb put them all on paper for me. If you are interested in having him do your next big match, let me know and I’ll get you his contact info. He’ll get them down on paper just like you send them to him. Great work and zero turn around time.

http://mgmironman.com/index.php/stage-diagrams

Adios,

TG

One other thing I forgot to mention. All the steel used at the Ironman will be for sale at a 25% discount. Most of this stuff will be fairly new. You can go pick out what you want before the match starts too. Just write your name on the back of it in sharpie and then round it up after the match ends on the 11th. Let me know if you have any questions.

Adios,

TG

Quick question, if you start on stage one, how many stages do you shoot per day in the 3 day format?

Day one - 4 - two before lunch, and two after

Day two - 4 - two before lunch, and two after

Day three - three - three stages straight, then awards and lunch.

Adios,

TG

Quick question, if you start on stage one, how many stages do you shoot per day in the 3 day format?

Adios,

TG

Is the 3GN shoot-off before the TO awards on Saturday?

Excellent stage diagram drawings. I've tried to do this before, and it is a lot harder than it looks. Cudos to Travis' friend, Lin Webb. Very good computer wizardry there. The stages are much easier to understand the layout now before we shoot them, and they aid in planning on how I will go about shooting the stage.

Termite :bow:

Adios,

TG

Is the 3GN shoot-off before the TO awards on Saturday?

Yup.

Adios,

TG

I looked at the stages and tried to come up with a round count, some wouldn't open and others just showed the targets and not what to use to shoot them. What is the round count, and how many buck shot for spiners?

Look forward to the match, it's my 6th year.

This will be my tenth year as a RO and shooter at the ironman. I have been the stage 3 RO for years now. I am thinking a be.com member Bbq or social would be cool.

What do you guys think?

Aaron

I'm exhausted just looking at the stage descriptions!

Good, keep reading them then. :surprise:

What wore me out was putting all my shotgun ammo in duffels. My wife says I can never tell her she takes too much crap on vacation now!

This will be my tenth year as a RO and shooter at the ironman. I have been the stage 3 RO for years now. I am thinking a be.com member Bbq or social would be cool.

What do you guys think?

Aaron

Are you buying the first round?

Sounds like some fun. I just know I am going to be having "Spinner" nightmares for the next three weeks! :surprise:

Edited by MarkCO

Made some changes to the match. We deleted stage 4A, but don't worry, the round count is still only 12 rounds shy of 1000 so you'll still get plenty of shooting in. I've also changed up the squadding. We now have a total of 10 squads and I think everyone is still with who they want to be with. I think I might have acutally made some people MORE happy if you can believe that!!

Adios,

TG

What do you guys think?

Aaron

Are you buying the first round?

I am sure something can be arranged. You like apple juice, right?

Made some changes to the match. We deleted stage 4A, but don't worry, the round count is still only 12 rounds shy of 1000 so you'll still get plenty of shooting in. I've also changed up the squadding. We now have a total of 10 squads and I think everyone is still with who they want to be with. I think I might have acutally made some people MORE happy if you can believe that!!

Adios,

TG

As one of the "More Happy" people; Thanks Travis! That looks like one heck of a good time your puting together out there. I can't wait!