Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The NE championship is going to be held at the same place this year. The club is called Cortland County Pistol Club and is located in groton, ny. I actually had to check the web to get the actual name and location. I have been going to this club for IDPA or USPSA for 5 or 6 years now and always referred to it as "Cortland".

There has been some discussion about Kentucky's lack of a state IDPA match.

We'll - we're getting pretty close.

Can't share any details yet (don't have them all down!!) but stay tuned.

Geek

President

Central Kentucky Sport Shooters

www.ckss.org

Bill,

Do a serch for hotels in Fowlerville, or Lansing. Both towns are close to the Michigan match, and have "major chain" hotels. Let me know if you need anything!

Cameron

Bill,

Right off of hwy 164 and LLoyd Expressway in Evansville are 5-6 different hotels. All new in the last 5 years. I usually stay at the Drury Inn or the Country Inn, both are very nice, I will get the numbers for you.

For the rest here is some stage descriptions for the upcaoming 2004 Indiana Regional "THUNDER on the OHIO"

We will have two house stages. One house stage will be a par time course of fire. You will be a bomb tech trying to move a bomb out of the house before it explodes. It is a biker's club house and they arrive as you are attempting to remove the ticking bomb. One hell of gun battle develops as you shoot and move the bomb until you are able to put the bomb in the bomb trailer before it detonates.

The other house stage will find you in bed asleep when you suffer a home invasion. You have to get out of bed, go to your night stand and retrieve your weapon and take on the home invaders.

There will be two car stages. One car stage involves your car being hijacked and you shoot your way out and try to make it inside a nearby liquor store to call the police. You are really having a bad day, because when you open the door to go inside and a robbery is in progress and you have to shoot your way out that situation.

The other car stage is "Officer Down II". We will have a police vehicle on the bay and you will be cop involved in a shootout at the end of a vehicle pursuit. The lights and siren will be activated while you are trying to take out the bad guys and get to your wounded partner. If you have never shot and listened to a siren wailing, you haven't lived. (This will be a real Evansville PD car with sirens and lights on)

There will be a camping out stage where your gun is inside your pack and you are attacked by pit bulldogs. You try to make it down the wooded path to your car and you have to take on that damn old bike gang again.

These are a few of the stages that we will be shooting. 12 stages of fire and 150 rounds of ammo. This will be a really fun match to shoot.

Basically, we tried to design stages to meet every challenge we could think of. Using cover, shooting on the move, strong hand shooting, weak hand shooting, gun in a drawer, gun on a shelf, gun inside a pack, gun inside a brief case, and gun on the ground. There will be shooting from a kneeling position, standing position, and prone position. Don't worry, plenty of stages will have the gun in your holster.

• 1 month later...

We just got home from the Northeast IDPA Championship. It was an excellent match. :D Good stages with friendly SO's. It will be on our list for next year. We got to meet some people and shot with an excellent squad. I love it when everybody helps paste.

On to the IL State in 2 weeks. B)

Bill

For the record the biker gang in E'ville is the Grim Reapers, or the Rim Geekers as I refer to them.

I thought the MI state match was booked up already since I tried to sign up thru the IDPA site and the club replied they were full, that was almost 2 months ago!

Either match in Indiana will be a good time.