Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Wife Is Pregnant !

Garfield

Garfield,

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S, but how the hell did you manage it?

For my wife and I, our first two kids have been highly effective as birth control. The only chance we get to fool around these days is to go overeas or sneak away to a local hotel.

Or sometimes to a department store changing room :P

Garfield,

of course congratulations, but I think in the short run you will need phisical and emotional support, rather than congratulations... :P

I don't want to enter in such a "how the h@#l did you manage it" debate as Vince suggested, because I'm stuck with the 1st child and have no chance to even approach my wife ...

Not to mention your schedule for shooting and ROing will suffer some serious delays! :lol:

Congratulations! I guess now you will be online during normal U.S. hours when you are helping out with that 3:00 AM feeding. We just had our second and I am seriously thinking about permanent measures to prevent a 3rd. They are great though.

We just had our second and I am seriously thinking about permanent measures to prevent a 3rd.

Looks like it doesn't work the same for everybody.

For me the first kid has proved to be a permanent measure to prevent subsequent "earthquakes".

For uncle Vinnie it was the second.

For Garfield 3 applications are not enough... :wacko:

Need to further investigate human body tolerances... :P

I guess now you will be online during normal U.S. hours when you are helping out with that 3:00 AM feeding.

That's what you think. But my wife is determined to breastfeed this third one (as opposed to the fist two) so I won't be involved in feeding them :(

And if he-or-she is just like the other two, he-or-she will be sleeping from 20:00 - 08:00 when he-or-she is about 8 weeks old !

(I know, I am very lucky with kids like that) :)

And if he-or-she is just like the other two, he-or-she will be sleeping from 20:00 - 08:00 when he-or-she is about 8 weeks old !

You pretty well destroyed one of my favourite quotes/beliefs: "lightnings never strike twice the same place"... <_<

Looks like in your case it's going to strike for the third time.. :blink:

I am little bit envyous. ;)

Regarding the breast-feeding thing, I'd suggest to keep it at the lowest possible level: my kid had been breast-feeded for 26 months (no kidding, pardon the pun) :blink: and my wife was getting a little upset from this.

Not to mention the fact that sometimes he casually asks for that still at the age of 4+

...maybe he's just a bit more mature than we think, or his italian blood is starting to boil up ;) .

Arvid,

even in het Nederlands van harte gefeliciteerd, kinderen zijn het mooiste geschenk dat je kunt krijgen.

Een derde, misschien nog meer, wie weet, ik hoop dat de zwangerschap goed verloopt en wens jou en je gezin al het beste ter wereld toe!

DVC en met vriendelijke groet, Henny.

For our American&foreign friends,

Congratulations, children are the nicest present you can get.

A third maybe more, I hope pregnancy will prosper.

Best for you and your family.

DVC and with kind regards, Henny.

But my wife is determined to breastfeed this third one (as opposed to the fist two) so I won't be involved in feeding them

My wife breastfed our two boys for 2 years but, if she had her way, she'd keep breastfeeding our kids until they got married, because she really enjoyed being a temporary candidate for a job at Hooters :D

Maybe I do not need permanent measures. My wife just finished getting the baby to sleep and I got the "look" (married men know what I am talking about) as I walked down the hall to the bedroom. So here I am on the forum while my wife is going to sleep.

Yep,

Again !

Our third kid is due around 26-08-2004.

Everything goes well: with baby, mother, father and the other two kids :D

You know, they think they may have found out what causes that now :D

Oh do tell !

I only know that whenever I feel reeeeaaaally well when I wake up in the morning, there's a good chance that my wife comes up to me a few weeks later saying how much she loves a big family :lol: