Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Red Dot Scope?

Flexmoney

I'm sure this has been asked before...and a search would pull up a few topics (that would likely make for a good FAQ), but this question was tagged onto another thread and need to be broken out.

I am interested in scopes. I know that CMore is the favorite. What else are people using?

If somebody posts all the variious choices out there, then I'll put them in a poll.

• OKO
  • C-More
  • Optima/Firepoint
  • Doctor
  • Aimpoint
  • Tasco PDP3
  • Adco

I don't personally, but I know quite a few peope that prefer the optima/j-point red dot. And then there are those that prefer the aimpoint tube. I can't find my issue of front shight but they did a breakdown of the gear used at the nationals, which included what red dot people were using.

C-More with 6 moa is what I have on both of my open guns. I started with a Tasco PDP3 for a while, both guns had PDP3s on them and I liked the 10moa dot. It was quick locating the dot by using the tube as a reference, what I didn't like was all the weight - Heavy scope, rings and mount or a 5 oz 3 piece mount. Then I switch one of my guns to a C-More, it was fun because it was something new. I had a hard time with the scope specially during strong hand only drills, then it really got hard with weak hand only drills too. I was using the open gun with the PDP3 more often than the one topped with C-More. But I did a lot of dry firing with the C-More topped gun, then one day it just dawned on me. When I got used to the C-More it was actually faster than the PDP3. Transitions were faster and my draws immensely dropped down in time. Now all I use is C-more in my open guns and my PDP3s got a new life mounted on my hunting handgun and AR15. josh

If somebody posts all the variious choices out there

You're going to have to narrow down some of the choices to fit the poll item limit:

Aimpoint XD, CompC, CompM2, CompML2, 5000, 7000S

ATN Ultra

BSA 30mm, 42mm, 50mm

Burris SpeedDot 135

Bushnell 23mm, 28mm

Busnell Holosight, Holosight 2

EOtech

Leupold-Gilmore

Millet

Nikon

Tasco PDP4, PDP5, ProPoint, ProPoint Plus, RedDot 30mm, RedDot 42mm

Mark me down for C-More. I had an OKO when I build my open gun but it didn't last 600 rounds before the windage adjustment shot loose and it stuck all the way to one side - in the middle of a plate rack run. The C-More has had a lot of rounds so far and I have even dropped the pistol a few times (not during a COF!) and it has always worked and never shifted zero. I got the click adjustable slide-ride model since I was told the switch was a lot more reliable than the rheostat. It has been rained on at a match with no adverse effects as well.

One thing I did like about the OKO was the battery. I can get the 2032 anywhere and even rob one out of my car remote if necessary.

I have one of the new EOtech 511s on an AR-15 and it has been working flawlessly for three years now except that it has a large appetite for batteries! I keep a couple sets in the buttstock now. If I had to replace it I'd opt for the AA battery version which wasn't out when I bought mine.

• 4 weeks later...

Slide mounted. Just not picking it up as fast as I did the C-more. My splits have slowed down with it. I'm running 15-16's instead of 12's. I think it is a combo of the dot lift and the slide movement that is messing me up. The other drawback is the brightness even running the double battery pack it isn't cutting it.