Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why Use A Two Piece Holster Belt?

Allen

I am used to a single holster belt that I take off while I am not shooting, and believe the purpose of the two belt system is so that the outer does not have to be threaded through the belt loops, and the hassles associated with that. I do not run my belt through my pant loops, and it seems to be working for me.

I need to get another setup as my son wants to start shooting, and I am torn between the Safariland inner/ outer setup, vs just copying what I already have.

Any suggestions on which way to go is greatly appreciated. I plan on using my 008 holster, 771 & 773 mag holders, and either the 4350 outer belt or just a single thick belt, depending on your recommendations.

Thank you

Allen

according to USPSA/IPSC rules, you have to run your belt/inner belt through your belt loops to make it legal.

Correct. The rule states that the belt (primary one) must pass through "all" belt loops on your pants.

--

Regards,

One other advantage, is that if you are going to a smaller shoot and have the chance to reshoot the match with another gun, you can change you entire rig in about 10 sec. I personally like having all the items on the belt in the exact same spot everytime.