Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lets Rock

Sterling White

Spent some time awhile back with Bear1142 on the phone talking the fast approaching 3G season, his modular build, and the new tact-tickle division! Had almost convinced myself that I should scrap the idea of shooting with iron sights and throw the Leupold 1.5X5 on top but idea just didn't set well. After sleeping on this idea for several months I've decided to give the globe system and JPs short range sight a valiant effort. I have to be honest - the Mig, Jeff, and Eric pretty much introduced me to the world of 3G and its as much fun as taking the harley out for a 3 day ride. Thanks to these guys I've been able to put somethings together and be competitive.

Little bit about the my new baby - the new JP stock, JP upper w/ a high mass bolt system, adjust gas block, supermatch barrel and BC comp, all attached to a Bushmaster lower equipped with a Arredondo magwell....talk about finding the hole when a reload is needed - last thing I need to do is fumble a reload in front of a bunch of buddies!

Sterling

106011.jpg106043.jpg

106040.jpg106042.jpg

After the 3G Nat's I took a limcat and mounted it to the side of the old stock - functional if standing but unreliable when running or going prone, the weight of the 20 and 30 rounders caused the mag to fall from the plastic holder. This one is made by JP that has been milled from aluminum.

Have been playing with the thought of adding several nylon washers to the butt plate so the gun can be easily rotated between the two sight systems for close or far targets. Not sure but it should remove the possibility of bunching my shirt up in a knot and eliminate another problem or save time.

Tested a beta C this weekend but guess what?....the Arredondo magwell had to come off for it to fit. The gun with the beta reminded me of a potbelly pig or a harley with its kick stand down. I laughs myself silly after 70+ rounds of rapid fire!!! On lookers at the range had funny looks...lol.

The added wt. could be felt while standing but did not change the performance of the gun. I wouldn't say that it was too heavy for a run-n-gun stage...it will give me another option when considering the number of reloads needed to complete a cof. The mag performed without a hitch.

I will try to post a new pic this evening.