Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First day out with open gun and Accu Rail broke.

Alaskapopo

Not a good day for me. I took my Caspian that I just purchased earlier this month to shoot it and sight it in. As I was firing it the first round when where I was aiming then the next went 1foot to the right and 2 feet low. This kept happening then the gun started to fail to extract. I inspect the gun and see the accu rail on the right side of the gun is broke. I need a new one. So no shooting open at next weeks match. Sorry guys had to vent. Sometimes things just don't go right.

Pat

Sorry to here that Pat call Doug at Acc-u-rail and see what he say, but if I remember right you will have to send the gun to him, here is the link http://acc-u-rail.com/ if you like to shoot open next week end you can use my backup gun it is a STI

Thanks I would like to take you up on that. Is it a 38 super comp? if so I have ammo.

I called Doug and left a message. I was kind of bummed just bad luck I guess. I hope I can get it running soon.

Pat

Darn your sure hard on equipment do you have someone to fix it yet. You better get fixed quick I have a new open gun on the way. Mark

Lol it will be a while before you have to worry about me coming close to you in a pistol match. I do ok against you in three gun so long as you bring a brand new shotgun to a match that does not run. (just kidding around I know that sucked. Do you have that Saiga running right now?)

Pat

If you have to send it in, I'd spend the $35 to get an extra set made right away. :surprise:

I spoke with Doug about two weeks ago about ordering another set for a gun that I recently built. He told me that it was a bad idea due to the fact that that they have to be fitted and then lapped in for a correct fit. Not knowing what the wear factor is with a particular gun at what point does a person install the replacement rails.

I also sent back an STI 2011 frame (no grip) and slide only, USPS Priority Mail ($4.95 + insurance) that had been railed years ago and needed to be re-railed. Cost was $72.00 which included shipping both ways.

Pat

If you have to send it in, I'd spend the $35 to get an extra set made right away. :surprise:

I spoke with Doug about two weeks ago about ordering another set for a gun that I recently built. He told me that it was a bad idea due to the fact that that they have to be fitted and then lapped in for a correct fit. Not knowing what the wear factor is with a particular gun at what point does a person install the replacement rails.

I also sent back an STI 2011 frame (no grip) and slide only, USPS Priority Mail ($4.95 + insurance) that had been railed years ago and needed to be re-railed. Cost was $72.00 which included shipping both ways.

Pat

If you have an FFL, shipping priority mail is the way to go, but, it is a federal offence for anybody without an FFL to ship a handgun, and the frame is considered a handgun.

Pat Im sorry your having some issues your first day w her. Welcome to open! I was joking but serious all the same. It's very '80's to me, but I see plenty of shooters with them who love it. Red & blue STI grips and colored triggers freak me out, when I see em painted it reminds me of aqua net hairspray, body glove bikinis, and cassette tapes. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or those who can see past the dayglow:cheers:

Pat

If you have an FFL, shipping priority mail is the way to go, but, it is a federal offence for anybody without an FFL to ship a handgun, and the frame is considered a handgun.

Not only nope but hell nope! I can legally ship a firearm TO an FFL, which Doug has, and he can legally ship it back to me. It has to come back to the same person who shipped it and it IS legal! When a person buys a firearm and has to send it back to the factory for service work or warranty work that is exactly how it is handled. The new owner ships it to XYZ Firearms who do the work and XYZ ships it back.

Pat

Pat

Not only nope but hell nope! I can legally ship a firearm TO an FFL, which Doug has, and he can legally ship it back to me. It has to come back to the same person who shipped it and it IS legal! When a person buys a firearm and has to send it back to the factory for service work or warranty work that is exactly how it is handled. The new owner ships it to XYZ Firearms who do the work and XYZ ships it back.

Pat

Yes, you can ship it to an FFL via UPS, or, Fed Ex, but, unless you hold an FFL, you cannot ship a HANDGUN through the Post Office.