Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Monster Match - Florida

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to do chrono but I'm not sure if I'll have the staff yet so it's still up in the air.

Just got back from Vegas late last night, the stage will go up on the website today but it will be later in the day. Some other exciting content to go up as well.

Only a couple weeks out...time to get busy!

Thanks to all those that have signed up and continue to spread the word for me. I'd like to hit 200!

One week to go!! We're at 165 right now. Saturday is pretty much full but still room on Sunday and we will be taking match day walk ups for Sunday if you change your mind at the last minute.

New information posted on the General Info page including schedule and maps of and to the range.

Keep an eye on the website during the first of the next week for any updates.

We're headed out there this weekend to put it all together. See ya'll on the range!

Smitty

TheMonsterMatch.net

Edited by SmittyFL

Alright folks, I think we're about ready. A couple final posts to the website today with some additional information. I'm going to try to post over the weekend, maybe some video and/or pictures but no promises....I'm sure I'll be plenty busy.

Big thanks to all the volunteers that helped make this match happen as well as all the shooters for supporting it.

We will have room for Sunday walk ups if anyone changes their mind or unexpectedly finds themselves in Florida for the weekend.

It's gonna be a cool match!!!

The Monster Match 2007 was my first big match: I stunk it up pretty good, but wasn't scared to go do it and have been hooked on the game ever since. Having shot a buncha major matches since then, I would say that if you want to shoot an awesome one day match, and to be able to say you did something pretty unusual, you need to get out there next weekend. Don't be intimidated by the round count or athletics, (honestly, swinging on a big rope over a moat is stupid easy; it's the one-handed shooting while hanging on little ropes that is hard), you need to get off the fence and come shoot the match that everyone will be talking about for a long while. You would be a zombie not to.

From Tampa airport to Lake Wales. Do I take Interstate 4 or Highway 60?

Streets and Trips says to take I4 from the airport to the hotel, but to take Hwy 60 on the way back.:blink:

You could go either way. If it's friday morning, traffic in Brandon on 60 from about 7 a.m. on is pretty lousy though. Overall 60 is the shorter, more direct route and it's a 4 lane, so once you get past brandon and a bit of traffic in Bartow, your golden.

Edited by dsmw5142