Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Borrowed stuff comes back damaged.

VoodooDaddy

Me to I hate that, many years ago a neighbor borrowed my brand new sander, brought it back burned up. I was burned up as well! Borrowed my mom's chainsaw bruned it up bought two, one for her and one for me so now instead of borrowing and buying two I just buy one.

Edited by CocoBolo

I borrowed a AA 22 conversion kit for a Glock from a buddy of mine. The slide was too wide for the holster I was using and I stuck it in with the slide locked back. Next thing I know it's hit the concrete beside the shooting benches.

Next time I saw him I told him I needed to buy the kit from him since it was all scratched up. Worked out a deal and I still have it.

Next time I saw him I told him I needed to buy the kit from him since it was all scratched up. Worked out a deal and I still have it.

I'm really diggin that idea...

Wonder if I could borrow Halle Berry from the latest young stud she's hangin with...

And you're going to scratch and hurt her? You animal! :roflol:

Pat

I'm really diggin that idea...

Wonder if I could borrow Halle Berry from the latest young stud she's hangin with...

I have a customer that looks like she could be her sister. hate when she calls. Can't take my eyes off her :devil:

Learned my lesson years ago. Loaned a friend my revolver rig so he could shoot an ICORE match. Brought it back to me laughing about being DQed for dropping the gun on the 3rd stage (all sand). Put the pistol back in the sleeve sand and all and gave it back to me. Ended up throwing the gun sleeve away. Have not and will not loan equipment anymore unless I am shooting on the squad with the person using my things and then I am real picky about who I lend stuff to.

I was thinking about borrowing my brother's rig to let a friend use to shoot a match and decide if he wants to invest in the gear. I think I will let him shoot MY rig and I'll shoot Brad's after reading these posts.

I have loaned out lots of tools that never came back :(

Its best not to borrow stuff....but when I do, I treat it like its the most important thing in the world!

When a person loans something to you...they put trust in you...its a pityfull person that violates that trust

And yes I have loaned guns and gear out...and it came home as nice as it left :cheers:

Jim

edit...used wrong smiley :roflol:

Edited by GentlemanJim

I came back from lunch the other day, the electricians I had left to work had (borrowed without permission!) my 30" long, 1/2" drive ratcheting breaker bar, ABOVE THE "HOT/LIVE" BUSBARS with a 6' piece of 2" rigid conduit on it using it as a cheater pipe. Their Greenlee knockout punch was broken (the bearing on the load surface was gone, so they were just grinding metal on metal, trying to knock a 2" hole through an 1/8" steel AC cabinet). I made them stop, cover up the busbars, showed them how to make it ratchet, then watched as they finished that hole. They didn't have the material to do the 2nd hole in the other AC cabinet, so they were done for the day. On their way out the door, the lead electrician tells me, "Sorry about your Crescent wrench." I say, "What?". "We broke it before we found your breaker bar.". So, I'm having to double back in to work that night, adding to the busbars, and they had snapped the jaws off of a 10" FACTORY INSULATED crescent wrench, when there was a 12" non insulated pair in my box. The factory insulated wrench is $95.00, the other is $14.00. "We'll buy you a new wrench."...Not seen it yet, and when they came back to finish, they had the gall to ask if they could use my breaker bar again, cause they didn't get a new Greenlee!

PS. The boss hired them, not me....He got an earful that afternoon!

Edited by GrumpyOne