Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Homemade 3 gun carts

caz41

I have been looking for a little while now and it seems all the used jogging strollers in our area are ~$60, what are others buying them for. I see many of you are getting them for free, but that isn't an option for me.

The ones I have seen advertised were all over the map on price range. A lot of it depends on how new they are and how long the seller has had it sitting around. I paid $40 for mine but saw ones listed from $10 to $150. The mounts set me back around $50 and I made the ammo box tray out of scrap wood to fit a box I already had. I did splurge and buy a cup caddie with pockets that hangs off the top of the handle so all total I have about $110 into it. Could have probably gone a little cheaper but it's set up the way I like it and I use it for Steel Challenge matches also when I shoot the rim fire rifle along with my pistol. My time was not an issue as I'm retired and it was a great winter time project.

post-54627-0-77098600-1424071598_thumb.j

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to break out the reciprocating saw!

A friend of mine saw this on craigslist and forwarded me the link. I bought it this morning. It is in good shape, it rolls so easy. I also had another friend of mine recommend getting one with the swivel front wheel, I see the benefit in that also. The basket underneath has some wear you can see, from something heavy being placed in it and dragging the ground. Overall I'm ecstatic! After shooting a 3Gun match this weekend carrying all that gear, I see why something like this is a necessity.

Things to get:

Gun Grips

some sort of run flat or tire thorn proofing

probably an umbrella holder

some sort of strap to mount a chair

image_zps6171d8ef.jpg

I just grabbed this same one. It's sitting in my basement now. Post some photos when you are complete!

Good timing. I just received my gun grips from Amazon this week and installed them this afternoon. My 3gun shotgun is in the shop having some work done to it, I stuck my 870 on here for the photo.

image_zps497d06a2.jpg

Thanks!

I was wondering what you were going to do with those front plastic parts. Looks like what I was planning on doing too.

Bummer mine is missing the cup holders :(

Can't quite make it out and I'm at work now so I can't look at mine but what did you do the overhead shade? Was it simple to remove or did it take a hacksaw to it?

Edited by muddywings

20140629_101516.jpg

Took the old table shade and mounted it on the cart. Everyone laughed there butt off at 8am at me. Well at 2pm and 94° I had to kick folks out of my shade so I could get in it... Lol

I love it! That may be a little big for my cart, but I will have an umbrella this summer.

Took the old table shade and mounted it on the cart. Everyone laughed there butt off at 8am at me. Well at 2pm and 94° I had to kick folks out of my shade so I could get in it... Lol

I love it! That may be a little big for my cart, but I will have an umbrella this summer.

Sometimes it gets a little windy here, my Umbrella more or less mounted to my stroller blew over and I think bent a little falling into Max Michel at a training class on a hot day. Ooops. I picked up a smaller cheap weighted base from Target for windy days, to just put the umbrella in that, and the umbrella doesn't fall over now. To move it stage to stage takes just a second, I close the top, then load the base onto the 'footwell' of my stroller up front, then lean the umbrella into the stroller back to me, to move stage to stage.

Edited by trgt

I was going to make one of these from a jogging stroller my wife decided she didn't like anymore. Came home one day and she had sold it on craigslist, probably to one of you people! grrr.....

My wife has caught me eyeing our jogging stroller a few times now, and she knows "the look" when I have a project on my brain.... I think she's hidden parts of it so I can't steal it.

Now I have to start the craigslist search!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought a 3 wheeled Jogging Baby Stroller at a yard sale for $5 a few years back. Ripped the canopy off and took the hand brake off (didn't work anyway). Got two pair of the KOLPIN rifle holders for ATV's from Cabela's. I mounted the rifle holders direct to the frame of the stroller. Worked perfect. Bought an ATV cup holder from WalMart. All told got about $73 into it. Works well. Pics to come.