Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Homemade 3 gun carts

caz41

I tried the gun rack on stroller method and picked up a lot of fine dust on a windy day at the range. I switched to hanging a Safariland 3 Gun bag from the handles. It sits well in the center of my kids double stroller leaving me one seat for my pistol range bag and a second for an ammo container.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started on my 3 gun cart today. Picked up a stroller from craigslist. Bought a double gun atv rack from Cabelas. Unfortunately, they only had 1 of the set I decided on. I set it up today and it seems to work well with 2 guns, so will order another one to put on the other side and be able to carry 4 guns. At our first 3 gun match, we used 3 long guns. We shared the shotgun, but we each used our own AR. Thanks for the ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

So this cart is a work in progress,

IMG_0744.jpg

The BBQ mounted on the gun cart - nice!!

Is that Patio umbrella actually mounted on that cart? My luck a big gust of wind would come up and carry my gun cart away into the next county.

gotta eat right? lol

• 5 months later...

The jogging strollers are the most common, but the one I've got doesn't fold very small. I've got a kid right now and there's no way that jogging stroller would fit in the trunk of my car with a couple gun cases and bags/boxes of ammo.

Has anyone tried a folding game cart like this one http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-aluminum-deer-cart?a=1583103 They're cheap, it seems like it folds nice and flat, and it seems like it's built to carry enough weight.

Another idea people tossed around was a folding muck cart http://www.ruralking.com/agriculture/livestock/horse-supplies/horse-handling-tack-supplies/tuff-stuff-folding-muck-cart-th300.html

I don't have a truck, so the fold-ability would be key for me. I've also only been to 1 match and wasn't paying attention to what other people were using...

The jogging strollers are the most common, but the one I've got doesn't fold very small. I've got a kid right now and there's no way that jogging stroller would fit in the trunk of my car with a couple gun cases and bags/boxes of ammo.

Has anyone tried a folding game cart like this one http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-aluminum-deer-cart?a=1583103 They're cheap, it seems like it folds nice and flat, and it seems like it's built to carry enough weight.

Another idea people tossed around was a folding muck cart http://www.ruralking.com/agriculture/livestock/horse-supplies/horse-handling-tack-supplies/tuff-stuff-folding-muck-cart-th300.html

I don't have a truck, so the fold-ability would be key for me. I've also only been to 1 match and wasn't paying attention to what other people were using...

I have a bike trailer that fits 2 kids. It folds very flat. And fits in the trunk of a chevy cruze. And can be easily modified for 3 gun use. Also has lots of extra space for all the extras we all oike to bring with. I haven't modified mine yet but I have it all planned out in my mind.

707c40a5572c29cfb3e44490662225ed.jpg7ae093b1c9991c38d7b4cf0960033fa0.jpg

I'm done pushing strollers.

Where do you put your range bag, ammo, mags, pistol, ear pro, water, snacks, sunscreen, bug spray, tools? If all you carry is what's shown, all you need is a double rifle bag. :devil:

It all sits on a shelf and hangers that were not installed when I took these photos.

Then there is this thing with plenty of room for bug spray and sunscreen. lol d5e74021507cda1a75e11361c1227dd5.jpg

Damn now I gotta find room for a 20# propane tank and heater for those matches from Jan-Mar.

a couple of suggestions... the heat in Florida this summer was brutal, and the addition of a small hard sided cooler to my stroller cart proved invaluable as a way to maintain ice for the duration of the match....most of the time I went through 1/2 liter of water a stage... mine hooks over the rear cross member... and for the Medicare set... one of the fold up round metal stools from WalMart saves wear and tear on the knees... much easier than getting up from a fully seated position

• 2 months later...

I haven't made the plunge yet and either bought a jogging stroller nor a dedicated 3 gun cart like a Rugged Gear. Those who have bought a jogging stroller, added a couple of gun racks, and added a little extra items for convenience... I figure you are mostly into one for ~$120 and your time. Do you regret it? Do you think you would have been better off spending the extra $100 on a cart that was purpose built as a gun cart?

Well I paid 5 bucks for my stroller and around $25 for a double gun mount so yes, it's worth it. If you're going to pay full price for one of these jogging strollers then that isn't really worth it.