Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Homemade 3 gun carts

caz41

1505413_3847039152127_388551241_n.jpg

Started mine today and still need to find a shelf or something to hold up a range bag, tool box or ammo can..... headed to wally world now to find something. So far I have about $80 in it.

Edited by Mike Bell

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gun racks came off Ebay last year, but couldn't really use 'm due to the pointing up or down rule.

I recycled an old telescopic broom stick and removed the internal twist lock. Simply clamped the wider tube in the corner and insert the smaller tube with the gun rack when needed. Bolt and wing nut keep it from twisting.

IMG_0022.JPG

On the other side of the cart I mounted a Rubbermaid Fast Track rail. The attachments simply click on and I use it for my chair (Got bad knees, so I need my chair)

IMG_0023.JPG

By hanging the chair "overboard" the dirt and sand from the legs no longer spread to the gear in the cart.

IMG_0024.JPG

Picked up a stroller for $20 off CL. Debating whether to put a single gun holders on each side (looks like they run $30-35 per set) or a double on one side ($60) and try to rig some sort of chair holder on the other side.

I actually already have a Harbor Freight garden wagon that I've used, but I find it kind of a pain. Especially since I'm taller than average, I tend to lift the front wheels off the ground when pulling, especially if I don't load it right.

• 3 weeks later...

Completed everything except the long mounts on my cart. I'm undecided on if I'm going to weld some together on my own or just save the hours of building and just buy some atv mounts.

The cart was purchased for $12 (delivered!) on craigslist. Everything is in good shape aside from one rear tire needing a new inner tube. The cart frame is aluminum so I decided to build ammo can mounts for ballast to prevent the cart from tipping over on rough or uneven terrain. I was worried about bending or breaking the mounts when the full cans would jostle but I filled them with weights in the shop and both were stable.

153519-0-0-0.jpg

153520-0-0-0.jpg

153522-0-0-0.jpg

If I purchased mounts, what do you recommend for a cost effective solution for a rifle and shotgun? I see these kolpin mounts mentioned , are those a good option?

Thanks.

If you go koplin, make sure you spend the extra money and get the ones that rotate in multiple directions. The first ones I got only clamped on and that limits the mounting locations. With swivel and pivot capabilities, you have a lot more mounting location options. FWIW.

Well shot first 3gun match last year and lugged all the stuff around and it was a pain in the butt. I told the guy I shoot with that I was not going to do that again and I was going to build a cart for next year. He gave me a little grief and said I better not. So when I finished this he was the first one I sent a picture to. Already had the cart from having kids so found mounts on amazon with free shipping 40.00post-41841-0-23008800-1390351742_thumb.j

I finished my new cart this weekend. Picked up the jogging stroller off craigslist for $40. Got home with it to find it was purpose built for 3 gun carts. Child seat reclines completely flat. It has an adjustable foot rest that can be adjusted vertically to hold everything in. Brand is BeBe Love.

post-49143-0-51520900-1390404228_thumb.j

post-49143-0-34202200-1390404323_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Ended up building my own mounts but used plumbing standoffs to attach my welded gun mounts to the cart tubing. It ended up being really easy and the plumbing parts were only $7 for 6 of them from Home Depot. I'm pretty sure I'm less than $40 into this cart.

154615-0-0-0.jpg

154616-0-0-0.jpg

154617-0-0-0.jpg

154618-0-0-0.jpg

Has anyone tried one of these yet? Seems ideal for our sport. Folds up nice and flat with a lot of cargo room. I bought one but haven't figured out how I want to rig it up yet.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/folding-wagon/prod3080161.ip?navAction=

That's what I use now.. works nicely. It's really light. I leave my long guns in a drag bag, just set it them on top. Take that off, and pick up the whole thing and put into the car if I drive to a further bay

The wheels are a little small if you have to bring it through high loose gravel

It's even got cup holders

Been thinking of adding a little bracket to the back, where I could hang stuff like a chair, etc..

I'm trying to get creative in a way to mount the guns. I'll post what I come up with. But I'm also trying to keep it modular. The easy way to put racks on the sides, but I don't like the idea of flagging everyone walking behind the cart.

So this cart is a work in progress, dont think im going to paint it because I dont really care that it is blue but you never know. Next winter if I have some down time I might.... Got the cart used for $30, the mounts were another $30 and I think im going to get another set of clamps for the muzzle side next time I got to sportsmans. I had the PVC laying around so I tried it and some times they shift and its a PITA. I just added this ammo caddy because at matches I was always digging around my range bag looking for ammo.

and I put an umbrella stand in there :) gets 100+ here in nor cal in the summer

This is version 1 and im prob gonna redo it a little better but i think it will work for now. I also just started using my camping bag for my range bag. It seems like It has more compartments then my range bag and I like the bottom section that is seperate from the rest of the backpack. Its kind of like the bag from double alpha. It can easily hold, 300 pistol, 100 bird/buck, have a box of 15 slugs and 200 rifle rounds in there.

IMG_0750.jpg

umbrella

IMG_0744.jpg

40 cal air caps

IMG_0746.jpg

little compartment in the middle holds my magluas perfect

IMG_0751.jpg

Edited by bigkyle72

I made the bullet box for .40 cal but I have a spacer that fits in so I can use 9mm ammo boxes and they wont jump around

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

Heres my range back pack....

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

going to add some sort of loading table on the top of this as well. Anyone use the existing holes from the sun shade and build off that?

going to mold some ABS plastic around the bottom compartment to protect the contents from whatever is in the top

Edited by bigkyle72

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Mrs. found the stroller on Craigslist and we got the mounts at Cabelas. Decided to remove the speakers and iPod cable to leave just a tray for reloading

IMG_20140415_114946191_zpshwdvvjwm.jpg

IMG_20140415_115123672_zpsnyvv1ybq.jpg

IMG_20140415_115200778_zpsidcwm9nk.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Edited by IntenseImage

• 2 weeks later...