Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Homemade 3 gun carts

caz41

Picked this up off Craigslist for $40 and added the Coleman grips. The basket also holds my range bag and a small cooler. Best part is the cup holder/ 30 round mag holder. Works like a champ.

post-47733-0-10645000-1377653295_thumb.j

Edited by 3GLewie

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished mine last weekend...$45 for cart on Craigslist and another $55 in parts and paint. I first attempted to dye the fabric black, but it didn't take. So picked up duplic-color vinyl/fabric paint from local autoparts store. Worked great! Still need to add some obnoxious golf cart accessories.

sujuqutu.jpg

Edited by Keeganxt

IMAG0012.jpg

Recipe:

$40 craigslist NordicTrac stroller

Kolpin dual gun mounts on 1" square tubing extensions welded on by me

Plano 761-002 toolbox tray

Bent shade hood rod to support front edge of tray

Credit for the tray & hood support goes to Villamor!

IMAG0012.jpg

Recipe:

$40 craigslist NordicTrac stroller

Kolpin dual gun mounts on 1" square tubing extensions welded on by me

Plano 761-002 toolbox tray

Bent shade hood rod to support front edge of tray

Credit for the tray & hood support goes to Villamor!

That Tray is a great idea!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly homemade. I just added a couple carriers to my DAA range cart/range bag. Works great.

What carriers did you use and how did you attach them at the bottom? I have a full-size 3-gun cart, but I also have the DAA and like the idea of outfitting it as a "lightweight" cart for some matches.

Not exactly homemade. I just added a couple carriers to my DAA range cart/range bag. Works great.

What carriers did you use and how did you attach them at the bottom? I have a full-size 3-gun cart, but I also have the DAA and like the idea of outfitting it as a "lightweight" cart for some matches.

I used the offset Kolpin mounts. I mounted the bottom ones right below where the fabric back attaches. On the top mount for the shottie I had to punch a hole through the fabric to get it located properly on the gun.

• 2 months later...

Here is my build...

Haha, this is a funny story. I'm browsing reddit.com/r/guns and i come across your youtube video. I thought it was awesome. I start googling plans for 3 gun carts. Then I find this thread that is full of awesome examples. Then it ends on yours. Full circle, my friend, full circle.

Here is my build...

Haha, this is a funny story. I'm browsing reddit.com/r/guns and i come across your youtube video. I thought it was awesome. I start googling plans for 3 gun carts. Then I find this thread that is full of awesome examples. Then it ends on yours. Full circle, my friend, full circle.

3 Gun is a pretty small world... Glad you liked the video.

• 2 weeks later...

Cart is not home made but the conversion is. In South Africa we do not get all the gun carts like you guys do. Very few people actually use carts. With a growing collection in the arsenal its getting more of a schlepp to get all the equipment to the range and walk between the various areas.

So time for a gun cart. Started with a clicgear 3.5 golf cart (www.clicgear.com) Added the seat and umbrella holder. So this is where I started. Adding 2 of 52-3550 ATV RHINO GRIP XL GUN MOUNTS DOUBLE ordered from Cabelas. So cut some Ally sqare tubing and Tigged it up at a 45 degree angle. I wanted to keep the seat usable so moved the mounts over to the right hand side. By removing the bag mount elastic bands, I used the outriggers to mount the brackets. The top bracket was installed between the 2 horns with a spacer. The idea is to use the clamps and a slot in the Ally to allow easy removal to fold the cart. That will be done later this week, need to buy the 2" and 3" 1/4"x20 bolts first.

The bottom bracket was installed on top of the outrigger horns to ensure clearance to the wheel and ground and mount shorter guns as well. More to follow.

Rgrds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

post-44804-138583144693_thumb.jpg

post-44804-138583147722_thumb.jpg

post-44804-138583184345_thumb.jpg

post-44804-138583189496_thumb.jpg

Sarel - nice work with what you have. :)

Maybe it's just me, but I'd consider moving the mounts up a bit - your muzzle looks quite close to the ground and with that angle and smaller wheels, seems easier to get crap from the ground sent upwards.

Cart is not home made but the conversion is. In South Africa we do not get all the gun carts like you guys do. Very few people actually use carts. With a growing collection in the arsenal its getting more of a schlepp to get all the equipment to the range and walk between the various areas. So time for a gun cart. Started with a clicgear 3.5 golf cart (www.clicgear.com) Added the seat and umbrella holder. So this is where I started. Adding 2 of 52-3550 ATV RHINO GRIP XL GUN MOUNTS DOUBLE ordered from Cabelas. So cut some Ally sqare tubing and Tigged it up at a 45 degree angle. I wanted to keep the seat usable so moved the mounts over to the right hand side. By removing the bag mount elastic bands, I used the outriggers to mount the brackets. The top bracket was installed between the 2 horns with a spacer. The idea is to use the clamps and a slot in the Ally to allow easy removal to fold the cart. That will be done later this week, need to buy the 2" and 3" 1/4"x20 bolts first. The bottom bracket was installed on top of the outrigger horns to ensure clearance to the wheel and ground and mount shorter guns as well. More to follow. Rgrds Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It looks great, but I am surprised that this was "cost effective". I use a Clic Gear 3.5 for golf, and I here in the states they are $200+. Doing the same thing with a used or even new stroller might have saved you some money.

Before I built my stroller for 3 gun I often thought about doing exactly what you did. It is nice to see that is would have worked. Way to think outside the box!

It looks great, but I am surprised that this was "cost effective". I use a Clic Gear 3.5 for golf, and I here in the states they are $200+. Doing the same thing with a used or even new stroller might have saved you some money.

Before I built my stroller for 3 gun I often thought about doing exactly what you did. It is nice to see that is would have worked. Way to think outside the box!

Cost effective? Maybe not, but we do not get these strollers locally at all. Bout same price for us for this one, most of the golf carts are useless to convert, this one made sense. Considering how well its going with the conversion, happiness. Its got a Build in usable seat, still need to add the ammo storage and waterproof box for all the rest of the stuff, also a plate protecting the barrels.

Will post more pics when done.

Rgrds

After reading threads like this I had some ideas in mind, until I went to my first meet 1.5 weeks ago at Rockcastle. Now, I just don't get it. The longest haul I had to make was basically across the road. 20 yards maybe, never more than 30 for sure. My pistol and all ammo fit on my belt, and I had two small cases for the shotgun and rifle, one for each hand which balanced nicely. It was a cake walk. I guess I could see it if you had to pack up for multiple stages and walk much further and if there was much more traffic but otherwise I can't see that it's worth the effort. There were in fact people there with carts though. I don't understand it.

If I ever did have to use one, I'm going to convert an old bike trailer (child carrier) of mine and just pull the tongue. The tires are larger than most strollers and it's easier to pull rather than push stuff across rough terrain.

Lots of ranges are spread out, I know the last match I shot had the long range stage a couple hundred yards away from the rest of the stages. Casing and unceasing isn't the worst but just strapping your guns to a cart is a whole lot easier.

I don't think everyone needs a cart and plenty of people get by without them just fine but I don't think you should dismiss them as pointless either. I started building one this week, I'm capable of lugging my gear around but I like the building project and having a cart just sounds like fun.

Not only about spread out ranges, I have more than 4 guns to carry around for the various shooting disciplines. Apart from that, I like building stuff.

Few more pictures of the cam type quick release system. These carriers are removable in a few seconds and the cart still folds up.

post-44804-138628070473_thumb.jpg

post-44804-138628071713_thumb.jpg

After reading threads like this I had some ideas in mind, until I went to my first meet 1.5 weeks ago at Rockcastle. Now, I just don't get it. The longest haul I had to make was basically across the road. 20 yards maybe, never more than 30 for sure. My pistol and all ammo fit on my belt, and I had two small cases for the shotgun and rifle, one for each hand which balanced nicely. It was a cake walk. I guess I could see it if you had to pack up for multiple stages and walk much further and if there was much more traffic but otherwise I can't see that it's worth the effort. There were in fact people there with carts though. I don't understand it.

If I ever did have to use one, I'm going to convert an old bike trailer (child carrier) of mine and just pull the tongue. The tires are larger than most strollers and it's easier to pull rather than push stuff across rough terrain.

Convenience, extra ammo, tools, parts, drinks.

I still don't have one, but have more or less seen the light; it's on the build or buy list.

I've used an Allen bag with shotgun wrapped and hanging out the end (great bag, could fit most of what I needed), an Eberlestock (also a great bag, love having the bladder vs separate drinks), a bag + shotgun case, bag, case + ammo can..any combination can be done, but none as conveniently as a well set up cart.

Lots of shooters? Throw a folding chair on it. Need a choke tool, sight tool? It's in the cart. Ran over on one stage on shotgun ammo? No problem, spare box of bird and slugs on hand. Reloading pistol mags? Upper section keeps the maglula and pistol ammo ready to reload.

Again, other combinations work, but spread out stages, ease of reloading and doing minor things on the go, as well as convenient for general range use when bringing more ammo + 3+ guns make them worthwhile, IMO.

Here is my build...

3 Gun is a pretty small world... Glad you liked the video.

Great video.

Some great looking carts. I currently dont have once since the 3gun match I shoot at you can pull your car up to all the ranges but in the future I plan on modifying my kid's stroller, thats if my wife doesnt kill me first!

Anyone think this would stroller would do ok? Its what I currently have. I know the wheels arnt that big so might be prefered. britax-b-agile-47-430-l.jpg