Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Homemade 3 gun carts

caz41

Something else to consider when trolling CL for a jogging stroller for 3 gun duty... Look for a stroller with a pivoting front wheel. When the cart is fully loaded down and heavy the pivoting front wheel will make turning the cart super easy. A fixed front wheel means pushing the handle down to manuver and will lead to broken a handle at some point, this was what led to the demise of my first cart. lol.

I can understand that...I've got a double at home right now, with the fixed front wheel. Turning that thing with 40-50 lbs of kids in it...it's work. But the singles aren't built for as much weight.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Thanks to this forum I had enough tips (and inspiration) to build my own homemade 3-Gun cart. After the last match; lugging rifle, shotgun, their cases, pistol, shooter's bag, mags, water, and about 300 rounds of ammo up and down six stages it just about killed me. Necessity dictated action.

I got the cart, a Reebok jogger, at the flea market for forty bucks. I went to a couple of baby consignment shops first but they were asking premium prices for second-hand goods. Plus, flea markets are great as the asking price was originally fifty but two twenties and some minor haggling later I was good to go. I got my clamps from Amazon, they're Kolpin Rhino grips, and are $28 bucks for a pair. I can't say enough good things about these clamps, they're super easy to install and are very versatile when it comes to what angles and twists you can put on them. The ammo can on there is bolted through the can on the inside to the plastic floor plate. The only thing is I can't open/close it while the guns are mounted on it, but that's minor. All in all it comes out to be a tad shy of a hundred bucks.

Apparently as a new member I can't post a link to the Rhino Grips? Go to Amazon, type in "Kolpin Rhino XL Rack/Handlebar Mount" and that should work for you.

I also can't post pics in the thread either due to being a new member, arrgh. Attached should be a large enough photo for you.

post-39847-0-57445900-1337115337_thumb.j

Got this for 15 bucks. Haven't modified it specifically for 3 gun yet. I plan to use it for the 3man match in W.V. then probably never again.

3guncart.jpg

Got this one for 5 bucks. Mounted a double gun rack to one side. Works awesomely.

cart.jpg

This, plus it fold up and get a bag for the wheels, it fits in a regular car. Look on Craigslist for a jogging stroller and many places have ATV gun racks.

Didn't want to spend too much on a cart and put this together for $75. Works well for me...

I can be more creative and make new center piece out of the seat material.

cart.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my cart that I finished up a few months ago...after the cart,gun mounts,and the misc. hardware to make it possible I have around $200 in this thing!! Works great and collapses down flat for easy travel, hell it even has lights and suspension!!

DSC_0293.jpg

DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

Edited by hammerhead1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just got the green light to take the old jogging stroller and make it my 3G stroller. Now I've been using my buddies that be bought from Sportsman guide. I'm gonna go and look at ATV mounts today. My question is how well do the mounts hold the rifle in place or will I have to strap them when pushing the cart around? There is a match tomorrow so I'd gonna do this today.

• 4 weeks later...

I have only shot a few 3 Gun matches but after reading this thread I decided that it was time to go ahead a build my own.

I started with a used in step jogging stroller for $20. Painted it matte black and added some ATV gun racks. It looked good but I felt something was missing...but what?

I decided I would go ahead and give it a theme. With all the zombie crazed people out there I figure what is more zombie defense than a child's stroller holding semiautomatic weapons! I went and got some "zombie green" paint and let my artistic side take over.

I might have to take my nephew trick or treating in this!

post-40970-0-85337000-1349819012_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

I have only shot a few 3 Gun matches but after reading this thread I decided that it was time to go ahead a build my own.

I started with a used in step jogging stroller for $20. Painted it matte black and added some ATV gun racks. It looked good but I felt something was missing...but what?

I decided I would go ahead and give it a theme. With all the zombie crazed people out there I figure what is more zombie defense than a child's stroller holding semiautomatic weapons! I went and got some "zombie green" paint and let my artistic side take over.

LOVE IT!!!

LOVE IT!!!

Thanks! I hope I don't get made fun of at the next match I show up at with all my zombieness

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found several on Craigslist for me and my freinds and garage sales. I think one of the best is the Jeep stroller it has solid wheels and the front swivels works awesome. Mine I just cut and ziptied the seat into a platform and a friend added expanded metal to his and removed the seat to make it less stroller looking.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm surprised no one has made a gun cart out of a segway yet!

One of our Cowboys did that. It worked OK, but he managed to dump it pretty good. Plus the ammo storage wasn't really enough for more than 6 stages. He used the Segway with the off road tires.