Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Homemade 3 gun carts

caz41

Here's what I went with, an old wheeled golf bag I got for $20 on craigslist. I don't love how the scope is resting on the bag opening, so I'll be sewing in a bottom for the AR muzzle to rest on. I do like how small it folds up for my car though.bupRPEf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Steve RA said:

If you mean a grocery cart I'd think the wheels would be way too small for most ranges I've seen.

I've seen two of them where they pulled the small tires off and put lawn tractor tires on them.  I never got pics of them though...  

In retrospect what I've liked about the golf bag idea is that when weather comes in all my guns are protected from blowing sand, rain, etc.  It was very cost effective and a way of recycling old golf equipment sitting around my garage.  

I have a fixed front wheel stroller that has served me well.  At the last match, my stuff and my son's stuff was on my stroller and it was quite heavy.  I am going to add a second stroller and think I might want to limit my search to a swivel front wheel.  Has anyone had both?  Which did you like better?  Why?

1 hour ago, rust4brains said:

I have a fixed front wheel stroller that has served me well.  At the last match, my stuff and my son's stuff was on my stroller and it was quite heavy.  I am going to add a second stroller and think I might want to limit my search to a swivel front wheel.  Has anyone had both?  Which did you like better?  Why?

In for the responses....  Mine has a fixed front wheel and it can sometimes get hard to steer.  Interested to hear what someone who has had both says too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Cheapest laziest way to do it. $100 Amazon jogging stroller, tin snips, 4x4 ATV yokes. 30 minutes, cut away everything you don't need. 

Put the day's gear in your pack, done. 

20191029_3gunshootingcart_0014.jpg

20191029_3gunshootingcart_0022.jpg

20191029_3gunshootingcart_0028.jpg

Edited by Frankly

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...