Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Homemade 3 gun carts

caz41

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread inspired me to make a cart for myself. The Rugged Gear carts are very nice and I briefly considered getting one. Someday down the road I may do exactly that.

But I decided that every penny I save on the cart could be used for more ammo, or something else that might help me, and so it was that a homemade cart was constructed. Ended up finding a twin baby jogger on Craigslist. It's very basic, no frills, but that's what I wanted. Seems to have turned out okay, I guess.

finished-cart-5.png?w=640&h=361

finished-cart-4.png?w=640&h=361

finished-cart-2.png?w=640&h=361

finished-cart-1.png?w=640&h=361

finished-cart-6.png?w=640&h=361

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my contribution to this thread, I have less than 30 bucks in it total and the majority of that is the long gun racks. I was thinking I might get a double gun rack set and mount that in the middle of the seats, just in case I feel the need to bring some spare long guns. Plus... It'll give me an excuse to buy another shotgun!

5f64c999913e001290139e93ba6c8aac_zpswxep

29c35551efc1759bfb745090e0c5ca38_zpsxodz

0137c733021d9859f0aca11fb4d3073f_zpsvu9o

• 2 weeks later...

Which of the Kolpin mounts are you guys finding to work best for these carts? I just picked up a cart on CL and need to grab some mounts.

The offset ones seem like they would work well.

http://www.amazon.com/Kolpin-21500-Rhino-Grip-Single/dp/B001Q4QO2C/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1435349218&sr=1-2&keywords=kolpin+offset+mounts&pebp=1435349226813&perid=10NKX545SKSKHB7Y2Y0J

Or the ratcheting ones?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006OZF6PY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Which of the Kolpin mounts are you guys finding to work best for these carts? I just picked up a cart on CL and need to grab some mounts.

The offset ones seem like they would work well.

http://www.amazon.com/Kolpin-21500-Rhino-Grip-Single/dp/B001Q4QO2C/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1435349218&sr=1-2&keywords=kolpin+offset+mounts&pebp=1435349226813&perid=10NKX545SKSKHB7Y2Y0J

Or the ratcheting ones?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006OZF6PY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I just installed the offset ones on my stroller tonight and I think they'll do the job fine. I think they have to be offset on my stroller, otherwise I'd have clearance issues with the grip on my rifle contacting the frame.

Edited by TonytheTiger

I used these Coleman ones from WalMart:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/16777857?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227025374283&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=t&wl3=59232555048&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=84273262368&veh=sem

They were only 19.00 or so for the pair. They seem to hold fine on my cart, and I've had the same pair on my ATV for at least 4 years now.

• 1 month later...

I build my cart off a double stroller since my 2 boys are starting to shoot now.

How does it do with having all the extra weight? My wife shoots 3 gun with me and I'm debating if a double stroller will work for all our gear and 4 long guns, or if I can cram everything into one.

With all the gear for two people it can make some of the strollers over loaded. I built one on what I thought was a really nice single stroller with the big wheels and it has shocks to make the ride smoother. It gets really hard to turn and the shocks are bottomed out when I put the ammo bags in it which causes the stroller to tilt a little back.

I build my cart off a double stroller since my 2 boys are starting to shoot now.

How does it do with having all the extra weight? My wife shoots 3 gun with me and I'm debating if a double stroller will work for all our gear and 4 long guns, or if I can cram everything into one.

I have been running it for over a year and no issues so far. The two wheels in the front make a big difference. I keep the tires well inflated and it rolls well. I even have a cooler strapped to the front with 6 long guns and 2 range bags. Steep hills are physically challenging but still better than packing gear in bags.

• 2 weeks later...

I outgrew the 3-gun stroller when my teammates decided all THEIR stuff fit in it as well. It eventually broke and got a flat. So we all pitched in and I UPGRADED to a battle wagon (gardening cart) from Tractor Supply.

a4dd6af8d45dfb3b9d85ceeba4667f0e_zps6602

Edited by Blueknight749

• 5 months later...

Time to break out the reciprocating saw!

A friend of mine saw this on craigslist and forwarded me the link. I bought it this morning. It is in good shape, it rolls so easy. I also had another friend of mine recommend getting one with the swivel front wheel, I see the benefit in that also. The basket underneath has some wear you can see, from something heavy being placed in it and dragging the ground. Overall I'm ecstatic! After shooting a 3Gun match this weekend carrying all that gear, I see why something like this is a necessity.

Things to get:

Gun Grips

some sort of run flat or tire thorn proofing

probably an umbrella holder

some sort of strap to mount a chair

image_zps6171d8ef.jpg

I just picked up this same stroller. How did yours tune out?

Did you drill out the rivets or just cut the plastic off?