Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Racker

Dan Bone

I've got one of those slide racker/kick stands on my Brazo's OPEN gun. But that slide racker has racked my thumb a few times now and it's a real attention getter. Yeah, yeah.... it's a great incentive to keep your thumb down but I'd rather not have to worry about that. Ever get hit with a slide racker? - Ever hit your thumb with a hammer? Same thing! I'm looking for one with a more aggresive UPWARDS cant to it. Or can I heat this one up and bend it myself???

This thing might be a Dawson for all I know. I bought the gun used. I do have the thumb shield so I need the racker. The other issue is the off-set scope mount that's on it limits the amount I can bend it.

I might have to just learn to keep my thumb down and be done with it.

I kept my racker on the left side & changed my draw.

I put my thumb alongside the thumbsafety (and curled down a lot) while ripping the gun out of the holster. It feels stronger and faster that way. Kinda wraps up and over the safety during the remainder of the draw. My thumb doesn't go very high without a lot of tension, anyway, so I might have done this regardless of any slide racker.

Also riding the safety as I'm seating a mag during reloads. No tense, just cradling the gun between the thumb & middle finger.

BTW Mr. Grauffel seems to do fine with his racker on the right - but with a scope cap acting as a kickstand.