Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

first, just a cold, now pneumonia...

jeffsoward

I haven't been able to shoot a full match in way too long.

I have MS, but I don't let it stop me, unfortunately the immuno-suppressants that I've been taking for it definitely affected me.

I caught a "simple" cold a couple of weeks ago. It turned into an upper respiratory infection that has morphed into pneumonia.

I was at work yesterday morning and began coughing up blood. Had some pain in my chest. Called my doctor who told me to head to the ER.

They treated me like a heart patient (heart murmur). They had me on oxygen, nitroglycerin, aspirin, benadryl, steroids, etc.

When my wife arrived, they had me hooked up to all kinds of stuff and she kind of freaked out. It's not like she hasn't seen me with IV's before, but I think the addition of the oxygen tube and three nurses working on me scared her.

After a chest x-ray and CT scan, they said pneumonia and the coughing tore something (hence, the blood).

My wife has been lenient on me, letting me tinker and "play with my guns" but after yesterday, the hammer came down.

I'm not allowed to shoot any matches until I get the all clear from the doctor and then, from her, I'm "not allowed to shoot, PERIOD" until I'm better. She won't even let me dry-fire cause I "get too excited."

I guess I can still tinker with some kydex.

This sucks.

Just take some time Jeff. A year ago last December I ended up spending New Years in the hospital with Double Pneumonia. By the time I got to the hospital I was turning blue. I was there for about a week. All this was on top of my COPD. So just let the doctors do their thing and get better.

Brian

My Wife says an old wives tale is--whatever she don't want me to do,I do what I want and end up telling her I wish I had listened to you ,when I get sick,DO WHAT SHE SAYS- wives are smarter than we are,take my word on this,,take some time off---hope you feel better soon,,