Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 09-10 Life's Little Problems

TMC

Never shot it but, I will give my input.

Being right handed I would say T6, T5, T3 (while moving to left, BUT that port looks low??) T4, reload, T1, T2

But now looking at it more, and that darn low port. maybe T1 first beings it will take more of a focus, T2, T6, T5 Reload and crouch to Center.

ive shot it 3 times ( 3 divisions in one classifier match). in SS i shot it left, right, reload center. for L-10 (with my SS gear) i shot it left, reload, right center. it seemed faster the 2nd way. there are a couple steps involved left to right or right to left so a reload there fit just fine. the port is very low, you want to finish there.

• 3 months later...

Had this in today's match. Shot it in Production class.

Shot it this way: draw, squat, center targets (T4 then T3), half step left, left targets (T2 then T1), reload while moving right, then right targets (T6 then T5). I think I was in the 7.5 sec range but can't remember my points.

Watched a GM in Open class shoot it as: half step left, draw, squat, left targets (T1 then T2), while still squatting, center targets (T4 then T3), slide right while standing, then right targets (T6 and T5). He was in the 4 sec range with maybe 2 C's.

Edited by SpcStn

• 1 month later...

Had this in today's match. Shot it in Production class.

Shot it this way: draw, squat, center targets (T4 then T3), half step left, left targets (T2 then T1), reload while moving right, then right targets (T6 then T5). I think I was in the 7.5 sec range but can't remember my points.

Watched a GM in Open class shoot it as: half step left, draw, squat, left targets (T1 then T2), while still squatting, center targets (T4 then T3), slide right while standing, then right targets (T6 and T5). He was in the 4 sec range with maybe 2 C's.

Exactly what I did in Limited for my first 100% score.

• 8 months later...

hey guys.. i shoot open so i just stepped left keeping right foot planted, staying at the back of the box and shot T1 and 2, and i came across shot through the port, then had to actually take a step and shot 5&6 one point down, time 5.57 was a 96% kinda proud of that. my first gm score. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Did it today I think in 5.15 with 2 C's in Production. Stepped left as I drew for the first two targets, then reload on the way down squatting to the right side of the low port, two more targets then cross step as I rose up to see the last two.

• 2 months later...

Just shot this earlier today at our club match, L10 A class. 58 points in 7.01 seconds. classifier calc lists it at 83.02% in L10. shot T1/T2, then T5/T6, reloaded while dropping to the port then T3/T4. felt smoother finishing on the port.

• 11 months later...

Just shot this at Area 1 in Limited with a 20 round mag in the gun. 59 points in 6.80 seconds. Classifier calc lists it at 85.4016%. Drew and shot at T6 as its a big wide open target on my strong side, then T5, swung to T1/2, finished on the port squatting to take T4/3. Interesting that my run on this last year in L10 was only .20 seconds faster with a reload in there. Probably could've shot it a tiny bit faster at the match but the hits were good with one A zone hit on T1 a little too close to the head of the no shoot for comfort.

After shooting this I thought the run was blistering until I saw how fast the other Limited guys at the match had shot this :roflol:

• 2 weeks later...

On this classifier its best to start on either the left or right side first. Draw to the target closest to the wall then engage the further away target second. This allows you to start crouching down as you are engaging the second target that way you are not wasting time getting down to the middle targets. I think the key to doing well in this classifier is to take a wide stance that is far back in the shooting area so you can basically shoot one side and the middle from one foot position, then take one step to engage the other side. That an you really need to get the shooting done quickly on the partial targets.

• 1 year later...

if i remember correctly it was draw and step to the right, shoot the far then near target, crossover step to the left, shoot the partial first, then the near then reload as you do a cross over step back to the right and get down to shoot the right then left target ...

• 2 weeks later...

For those that are curious. I just shot this at Area 2. I think I did really well for my skill set. I shot it Limited but I dont see where it would be any different in production.

Take a half step left while crouching. Shoot 1, 2 start leaning in shoot 4, 3 (reload in production) taking a step right and then 6 5.

Link to a video of me doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3IgPxpIVjM

Edited by Dutchman195

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Shot this last weekend
Limited B Class
Shot it 5-6-1-2-4-3
56 Points

6.35 Seconds

8.8189 HF

75.3462%  (A)

I'll take it for now.  I had a tiny hang up coming out of holster and trigger freeze on the first target engaged, otherwise, I'm confident I could have broken 5.5 - 5.8 seconds.  First A Class classifier I've been able to shoot, with many just below, so I'm happy with it.  Looking forward to some more of the 19 and upcoming 20 series classifiers.  

• 8 months later...
On 5/31/2013 at 4:43 PM, CHA-LEE said:

On this classifier its best to start on either the left or right side first. Draw to the target closest to the wall then engage the further away target second. This allows you to start crouching down as you are engaging the second target that way you are not wasting time getting down to the middle targets. I think the key to doing well in this classifier is to take a wide stance that is far back in the shooting area so you can basically shoot one side and the middle from one foot position, then take one step to engage the other side. That an you really need to get the shooting done quickly on the partial targets.

Thanks for this advice from years ago @CHA-LEE

Shot it this way today and got a smokin’ fast 4.53, albeit probably a little *too* fast because I shot 50 points.  Still good enough for 86% in open and my first M classifier!