Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's taking credit for someone's else's work. AHEM!!!

So I really don't understand what is going on... Is he just the shooter or did he have some part in the development?

Edited by midget

So were the guns out at the Ozarks this past weekend? Any pics?

I don't think they really exist.... No proof!

They have one of the Jerry Miculek 930's at Triangle Shooting Sports. I got to play with it last week and I have to say I like my Benny Hill customized 930 much better. The JM 930 is an improvement over a stock 930 but is still lacking things like a decent trigger job, hiviz front site, better mag tube follower, and the loading port could be opened up more.

They have one of the Jerry Miculek 930's at Triangle Shooting Sports. I got to play with it last week and I have to say I like my Benny Hill customized 930 much better. The JM 930 is an improvement over a stock 930 but is still lacking things like a decent trigger job, hiviz front site, better mag tube follower, and the loading port could be opened up more.

What sights did it have on it, and what was wrong with the tube follower?

It had a little bitty red site and a cheapo plastic follower.

Other than the trigger work those sound like cheap fixes. And I don't think I'd put any production gun in the same category (or price range) as one of Benny's custom guns. Oh if only I could afford one :rolleyes:

But the JM 930 is still sounding like the shotgun for me at the level I am, and amount I shoot.

Anyone needing to contact Mossberg CS should ask for Joe Zakher. I had a problem with my 930 and he was very helpful. He even knows how to ship a 24" VR non-ported barrel w/FO adj sights. I asked and he said to pass on his contact info, so here it is:

Joseph Zakher

Product service Assistant Supervisor

Maverick Arms Inc

1001 Industrial Blvd

Eagle Pass,TX 78852

1-800-363-3555

jzakher@maverickarms.com

Joe seemed very interested in 3G and what it takes to make our gear run. I didn't ask about the release date for the new models.

Just to update anybody thinking about ordering these barrels. I ordered two yesterday and was told they would be a few weeks out. Guessing they'll make a production run soon if you were thinking about it.

Just email Joe and he'll have somebody call you back to take the order. They'll already know what you want, super easy.

I went to the NTOA Vendor Show in Richmond this morning. I spoke with the Mossberg Rep there and he said the Jerry Miculek 930 will be ready at Shot Show in January and should be available after that. I asked if he thought it could be as soon as March or April, and he said more than likely. He said something about Mossberg producing 1000 of them, but I may have misunderstood him. Got a free hat, so I left happy. :)