Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys! Yes, Yvette is my middle name. Unfortunately as much as I wanted to stay with the company I had to leave. :( but if y'all have any questions Or concerns please feel free to ask and ill contact them directly. BTW Im in Killeen, Tx soo if y'all have any competitions Or anything close by let me know. :)

Yvette,

Copperas Cove Pistol Club has IDPA on the 1st Saturday of the month, Action Pistol on the 2nd and 3 Gun on either the 3rd or 4th Saturday. Lots of folks from Ft. Hood show up to shoot.

Yvette,

Copperas Cove Pistol Club has IDPA on the 1st Saturday of the month, Action Pistol on the 2nd and 3 Gun on either the 3rd or 4th Saturday. Lots of folks from Ft. Hood show up to shoot.

The 3 gun is the fourth Saturday of the month. Sign in for all is 7:30 to 8:00 am. Shooters brief at 8. Hammer down at 8:15. No matches in August.

Edna knew how to do the order and was on the ball, but the non-Edna Mossberg drones I spoke with at Mossberg seemed clueless and told me there was no such barrel and some other nonsense. This is a real problem.

Edited by ben b.

Does anyone who got the barrel from Edna get a part number, too? Maybe that's the easier route.

If there isn't a part number, is there a way to describe it to the sales associate in which they will understand what we are looking for?

Somewhere in the middle of this epic thread she described the process. She just asked the assembly guys to make the regular 24" turkey barrel but without ports. It was a verbal link between her and the people making the barrels. So there's no part number and unless the person you get on the phone is willing to convince the shop to make one then I'm guessing we're waiting until the comp model comes out. That's why it took several weeks to get one, they were one offs.

Sure do miss Edna being at Mossberg.

According to a post by Benny Hill somewhere in the middle of this epic thread the full on competition models should be coming out somewhere around the end of August. He posted 12-16 weeks in mid April. It is encouraging to see that the specs for the new model have been posted. When that model comes out then I'm hoping they'll be a production barrel that can be purchased.

Bottom line, be really nice to the person on the phone and maybe they can ask the shop people to make one, or wait a bit and it should be a regular production item.

Kevin

i dont mean to sound redundant, but could you list which model mossburg 930 to start with. i dont mind having the barrel cut and rethreaded for the chokes. id like to have a pistol grip it seems that i can grip it better than a regular stock. im wanting to build a limited shotgun for 3 gun. if you could help me out with other mods that youve also done on your guns id really appreicate the help. thanks john myers

i dont mean to sound redundant, but could you list which model mossburg 930 to start with. i dont mind having the barrel cut and rethreaded for the chokes. id like to have a pistol grip it seems that i can grip it better than a regular stock. im wanting to build a limited shotgun for 3 gun. if you could help me out with other mods that youve also done on your guns id really appreicate the help. thanks john myers

If you are willing to have it cut down, you will just need to get the model that comes with the 28" VR Ported Barrel. The only one that comes from factory with the pistol grip stock is the SPX. You can get a pistol grip stock from Choate (they make the one for the SPX, you can buy it directly from mossberg, the part number is SKU#19002). As for other mods, you will need to go back through this topic and look at what everyone has talked about.

If you are willing to have it cut down, you will just need to get the model that comes with the 28" VR Ported Barrel. The only one that comes from factory with the pistol grip stock is the SPX. You can get a pistol grip stock from Choate (they make the one for the SPX, you can buy it directly from mossberg, the part number is SKU#19002). As for other mods, you will need to go back through this topic and look at what everyone has talked about.

thanks midget, i apreiciate the help. do you have any idea of what style of stock would have less felt recoil? a standard stock or a pistol grip. im just weighing the different opitions.

thanks midget, i apreiciate the help. do you have any idea of what style of stock would have less felt recoil? a standard stock or a pistol grip. im just weighing the different opitions.

The 28" vent rib models if you plan to have it cut down. The 24" turkey model if you plan to cover the porting with a shim or buy a new non ported barrel. If you just plan to buy a new barrel period, then start with whatever the cheapest model you can find is. The 18" home defense model sells for $409 locally.

IMHO I would NOT get a pistol grip stock since the Mossberg safety is on the top of the receiver. Because of this position it would require you to make a grip change after flipping the safety off. The straight 930 stock works great.

The 28" vent rib models if you plan to have it cut down. The 24" turkey model if you plan to cover the porting with a shim or buy a new non ported barrel. If you just plan to buy a new barrel period, then start with whatever the cheapest model you can find is. The 18" home defense model sells for $409 locally.

IMHO I would NOT get a pistol grip stock since the Mossberg safety is on the top of the receiver. Because of this position it would require you to make a grip change after flipping the safety off. The straight 930 stock works great.

thanks philg80 i appreiciate the advise.

Curious, I "heard" from someone that if you run a shotgun with a 9+1 tube (in limited) as long as you don't load that 9th shell into the tube, 1 in the chamber, 8 in the mag tube, its legal to run?

In the course of fire, you could throw 9 in the mag tube while reloading , but can only have 8 at the start.

I'm kind of weary of this... anyone care to comment? I'm deciding now whether to get a +3 or a +4 nordic mag tube.

I want to stay in limited.

for USPSA purposes...

Buy the plus 4 then invert a spent shell at the end to act as a plug. It will give you a little more wiggle room when loading the 8th round but will not accept a 9th and there are no worries at all.

If you shoot an outlaw match that doesn't have a capacity limit after the buzzer then pull the shell out and be able to load that 9th shell.

Iirc USPSA has a mag limit of 9 total in the gun. I remember reading Joe S's recap of the IPSC shoot where guys could load 9 in the tube for the empty chamber starts but not sure if its allowed with USPSA.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

For those who can't wait for the comp model. ;)

I just ordered the waterfowl model from Midwest Hunters Outlet for $451.99 + $25 transfer. I've searched high and low and that was the best deal I could find.

* Edit: Midwest Hunters Outlet (TGSCOM) have communicated well and often through the process so far. They state 7-10 bussiness days to ship an item. I will update once I receive the item.

I also called Elite Tactical Advantage and ordered their safety and follower. The guy was great to deal with and hooked me up with an awesome mil discount and free shipping.

All the usual stuff from Nordic is on the way.

Barrel is going to Rose Action Sports.

Reciever to be done by yours truly.

Trigger? I recall somewhere in here someone was offering 930 trigger work? Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Vince

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Edited by serevince