how many issues that I felt very confident and

adamant about, I've reversed my position on in

later life.

I KNEW the answer to so many questions when I was

younger, that I now disagree with.

So many times now, I can see both sides of an awful

lot of issues - even people picketing and counter-

picketing on tv. Now I can understand why and how

they both believe so adamantly what they believe.

I guess old age cures most biases?

One must put aside personel preception, ideology and political dogma and seek only truth.

When you have developed a taste for truth, it will become the nouirshment to grow wisdom

Jim :closedeyes:

!

GJ,

good post.

I have to agree with maineshootah.

“Of all the frictional resistances, the one that most retards human movement is ignorance, what Buddha called 'the greatest evil in the world.' The friction which results from ignorance can be reduced only by the spread of knowledge and the unification of the heterogeneous elements of humanity. No effort could be better spent.”

-Nikola Tesla

Since beginningless time and forever into the future, though we are temporarily creating divisions and arranging time frames of past, present and future, yet from eon to eon it is all just so. ... Knowing this realm can only be obtained by making a penetrating investigation and stopping your own folly and realizing the truth by yourself.

-Keizan

Since beginningless time and forever into the future, though we are temporarily creating divisions and arranging time frames of past, present and future, yet from eon to eon it is all just so. ... Knowing this realm can only be obtained by making a penetrating investigation and stopping your own folly and realizing the truth by yourself.

-Keizan

"All we are is dust in the wind... dude"

-Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure,

-

• 3 months later...

"I believe I have omitted mentioning, that in my first voyage from Boston to Philadelphia, being becalmed off Block Island, our crew employed themselves in catching cod, and hauled up a great number. Till then, I had stuck to my resolution to eat nothing that had had life; and on this occasion I considered, according to my master Tyron, the taking of every fish as a kind of unprovoked murder, since none of them had, nor could do us any injury that might justify this massacre. All this seemed very reasonable. But I had been formerly a great lover of fish, and, when it came out of the fryingpan, it smelt admirably well. I balanced some time between principle and inclination, till recollecting, that, when the fish were opened, I saw smaller fish taken out of their stomachs; then thought, "lf you eat one another, I don't see why we may not eat you." So I dined upon cod very heartily, and have since continued to eat as other people; returning only occasionally to a vegetable diet. So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

Benjamin Franklin in his Autobiography

Might seem a little off topic at first. Sit with it for a bit tho....and.

Sig Lady, That was WONDERFUL!!

• 8 months later...

JT,

Love the Bill and Ted philosophy lesson .....dude.

A wise (and I think funny) thing I learned while in the northern training area of Oinawa learning land nav and map reading:

" A Marine is NEVER lost. He may be misdirected but he is NEVER lost because no matter where he is?

He is HERE!

Everywhere else?

Is THERE!

So no matter where you go, from this day forward, if someone asks you if you know where you are and where you're going you can truthfully say :Yes. I know where I am. I am HERE and I'm going THERE!."

Which works until you try to find a "prominent terrain feature" by climbing a tree and all around you are green hills with trees on them.

Nothing like finding out you walked for almost 24 hours in the wrong direction.

Fun stuff.

JK