Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiber and Black Front Sights in progress

sinnsyk

As a result of skipping US Nationals this year I'm able to work with my machinist and get the new front sights moving forward.

Here's what we've got going on:

New Fiber Front Sight for Limited, Stock II, Hunter (6 inch), Gold Match (6 inch), Limited Pro

All these Tanfoglio / EAA models have in common: Supersight rear which allows for lots of elevation adjustment

We're now making a 0.095" wide x 0.180" tall fiber front for these guns. It'll be 0.015" taller than the prevous iFiber front (0.165" tall). This will let you see a little more of the front sight and also is a typical height you'll find on 1911 pistols. This means if you're not into Tanfoglio's, but want a nice front sight and a clean front sight cut on your 1911 project you could get this sight and put it on. Rich at Canyon Creek has already built several 1911's with my iFiber fronts. Now it'll be even taller which works better for 1911.

We're also going to make a slightly wider 0.105" wide x 0.180" tall. Previously we did 0.105" x 0.165". Both 95's and 105's have been almost equally popular, possibly 60% leaning towards 95.

New Fiber Front Sight for Match, Stock

All these Tanfoglio / EAA models have in common: LPA "novak" style "carry" sight with limited elevation adjustment

Some have installed my iFiber 0.165" tall front sight and made them work. But for the most part it's too tall and you'll run out of elevation adjustment. So now we'll be making a specific iFiber front sight for the Match and Stock I models. It will be just like the others, but available as 0.095" wide x 0.140" tall. This is still 0.015" taller than the factory black front sight they are supplied with and possibly the only height we could make work.

Black Front Sights

Once we've got our fiber sights out of the way we're going to make a more traditional black front sight with some great inputs from Brian Enos. If you are truly looking for a black front sight instead of a fiber, please go to my website and pre-order yours at a lower price and help me determine which widths to make etc.

Currently I have put them up as :

Black Front 0.080" x 0.180"

Black Front 0.090" x 0.180"

Black Front 0.100" x 0.180"

I believe the 0.090 x 0.180 will be the typical. But after shooting the IPSC Europeans at small targets I think I'd personally would go with the 0.080" to have an even finer indication of where I'm at on the target. I used to shoot a 0.085" wide x 0.150" black front until I made my iFiber's. I could see a 0.070" being cool too. It's small, but on really tough targets it's a great sight. Of course would have to be matched with an appropriate rear notch.

Rear Sights

..are coming. We're also making a new longer Flat Trigger and once we've gotten these other projects out of the way we'll be full-on rear sights. Both for Limited and Match. At the Europeans I was able to use a 20 + 1 magazine in 40 S&W that fit the IPSC box. Only because I had modified my rear sight. I'll be making a rear sight that is robust and useful for both USPSA (where we don't care about it) and IPSC (where everyone cares about it).

... All these products are now available for ordering on my shop. They will be shipping as soon as they are finished. By ordering now you'll save on the Black Front's and you'll help me adjust production volumes. I'll make what you want, but I need enough volume to do it. Even if you order now, your credit card will not be charged until they are ready to ship. If part of a larger order, rest of the order will ship now. Sights will ship later, no extra shipping charges.

;-)

Henning

Always nice to see new and improved stuff comming out.

My Lim.Custom is becomming more and more Henning Custom now...

My next move is to do the Flat Trigger + EGW Sear and Hammer + pins of course.

But I havnt held a Tanfo with the flat trigger.

People I talk to seem to often have one issue, if they dont like it that is, that it doesn't fit their hands.

I see your talking about a new version now for bigger hands i guess.

But for me, how will I know wich to choose :)

Maybe make a index/picture, so we can se the differens.

But you think it would be possible to make an adjusteble trigger?

The trigger arm could be on a slidesystem with secure locing to a base, wich is the the frame part, or something...

That would make it fit most people...

Some also like the curved trigger better than the straight. Could make differen trigger arm but same base, making it even more flexible...

Just a thought....

Best regards

Jostein

I've been looking at the flat trigger lately, and I was planning on picking one up soon, but now you've got me wondering. What difference would one notice between the current one and the new longer one?

I just want to find out if I'm better off waiting or if I should pull the trigger on the current one. Pun intended.

Thanks!

Edited by Lunchboxx

• 3 years later...

I put in an order a couple weeks ago. Looks like it took based on the automatic invoice that was generated. But I've not seen the sight. Sent an email and left a voice mail with no response.

Was wondering if they (henning) are around or out of town?

I ordered replacement fiber sticks and also have now been waiting with no response through email. Did you ever get your sight?

Does any know another place for replacement fiber sticks?

Thanks