Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 shoots really high

dchang0

Those have been called spring washers in the past. I guess it depends on who does the translation from Italian. I have found that some extended mag tubes-PMT to name one, have nuts that do not clamp down on the barrel. DMW tubes work best, but there are probably others that work, too. The Benelli nut with sling attachment sold by Brownells is by far the best mag tube extension nut. Gives you a good place to place a sling, also.

This is good news from Benelli, et al. Nobody runs a shotgun harder than we do, they really should listen to three gunners. Glad they did. By the way, what distance did they test at?

Those have been called spring washers in the past. I guess it depends on who does the translation from Italian. I have found that some extended mag tubes-PMT to name one, have nuts that do not clamp down on the barrel. DMW tubes work best, but there are probably others that work, too. The Benelli nut with sling attachment sold by Brownells is by far the best mag tube extension nut. Gives you a good place to place a sling, also.

This is good news from Benelli, et al. Nobody runs a shotgun harder than we do, they really should listen to three gunners. Glad they did. By the way, what distance did they test at?

Yeah, it actually looks a lot like the delta ring spring on an AR, but made of thicker steel. Correction: it is not the spring washer but the ring BEHIND the spring washer that was replaced. This ring threads onto the magazine tube. I updated the prior post to indicate the official part number and diagram number.

They tested at 21yds. I was asked to test at 25yds when I sent in my patterns with the shotgun.

They were awesome--two people called me back. One called to make sure I was sending in my M2 (I was taking a while to go to the range and produce the pattern, so the RMA was sitting there for about two weeks). And it turns out they gave me a free choke wrench too!

Overall, the experience was outstanding.

Edited by dchang0

@M ammo:

Where did you buy the higher front sight, if I may ask? And what brand? Thanks!

Did he ever reply with the answer to this?

I don't think so, but I think it's a Marble Arms sight that they cut a dovetail for.

• 8 years later...

I know that this was a really old post but thought I'd share my recent experience.

My Benelli M2 Field shoots really high, probably 1-2 feet high is where my patterns are centered.  This was always my bad weather gun since I purchased it in 2006 but I had never patterned it until now (2018), which I know is pretty stupid.  Needless to say I was really ticked when I saw how high it patterned and started to do some web searches for a fix, which led me to this forum.  I decided to call Benelli customer service and they said that obviously it's out of warranty but they'd take a look if I was willing to pay the $80 to send it to them.  I sent it to them in early November and just last Friday afternoon I got a voice-mail from Benelli saying they agreed that it doesn't shoot within specs, but that it's out of warranty so they would either provide me with some sort of new front sight or else a new barrel at dealer cost, which he said was somewhere between $400 and $500.  I didn't get a chance to call them back on Friday, but on Monday morning (today) I got another call from a woman at Benelli asking me for a payment method for the $80 because they were ready to ship it back to me.  I told her that I hadn't even responded to the VM yet, and was undecided as to what I was going to do.  She said that Benelli tried adjusting some sort of ring on the barrel but that didn't work, and they then had decided to give me a free replacement barrel that would fix the problem versus trying to charge me anything for the barrel.  This was all without me even having to complain, on a gun that's 12 years old!  I won't have the gun back until later this week I'd guess but I just had to share this story because I'm extremely impressed with Benelli's response.

• 3 weeks later...