Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1st run at Sketchup

Corey

Had some time to play around with google sketchup. let me know what you think of this stage. Just realized i forget to add marks on the side boundary lines of the shooting area, so just imagine 2 Xs on each side of the stage on the fault lines that run up/down range. :)

Start: standing outside the shooting with toes touching Xs, handgun loaded and holstered. on start signal, engage targets as visible from within the shooting area.

Pick_Your_Shot.png

the 2 targets with horizontal painted hardcover are to be positioned low and at a 45* angle.

Ill try to zoom in better on the next one :unsure:

Edited by Corey

Dang. I'm going to have to give that program a try. My powerpoint stages work fine,

but the sketchup stages look a lot nicer.

Stage critique: Overall it looks good. It's going to be a little tricky to get set up

without shoot-through issues. Be especially careful of putting steel downrange

that has the potential of being shot through paper. If the steel goes down it's

REF and an automatic re-shoot.

Here's a tip for shooting areas.

draw the outline of it with the pencil, make sure you connect point to point and back to the original starting position... This will create a filled in object.

select all the sides and group it.

Then select the group, edit it and use the offset tool to make the offset be to the inside by 2". Once you have the object inside an object, delete the big one inside, leaving only the 2" wide version of the object, now use the shrink/grow tool and drag the face of the flat surface up 2". Poof instant fault line/shooting box to any side with out having to built it in pieces.

To put start marks down, use the 3D text tool and "X" with 2 or 3 spaces between them. You can then place that on any object or the ground.

Hope this helps.

Alan

Here's a tip for shooting areas.

draw the outline of it with the pencil, make sure you connect point to point and back to the original starting position... This will create a filled in object.

select all the sides and group it.

Then select the group, edit it and use the offset tool to make the offset be to the inside by 2". Once you have the object inside an object, delete the big one inside, leaving only the 2" wide version of the object, now use the shrink/grow tool and drag the face of the flat surface up 2". Poof instant fault line/shooting box to any side with out having to built it in pieces.

To put start marks down, use the 3D text tool and "X" with 2 or 3 spaces between them. You can then place that on any object or the ground.

Hope this helps.

Alan

I'll give that a shot! you get a PM from me if i have troubles, haha. Thanks again.