Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USP 45 trigger job

fastmtnbiker33w

I just had a trigger job done on my older USP 45 full size. I sent it off to someone who had been recommended by lots of members on another forum.

I got it back and I can definitely tell a difference in the SA pull, but the DA pull still sucks monkey butt. I also had it drop the hammer without hitting the firing pin. This happened several times in a row but only on one magazine. It didn't happen again after that....about 4 more mags worth of ammo.

Does that LEM trigger significantly reduce the DA pull? Isn't it DA only? Or is it just like the action in the stock trigger...DA only after dropping the hammer then SA after that?

I'd like to sell this pistol, but with such a wonky trigger and about 4000 rounds through it, I wouldn't expect much coin.

Edited by fastmtnbiker33w

i sent a few of my HK's to Bill Springfield and the DA was adjusted a little, SA and reset were much better. I just dont think these guns have the capabilities of getting the trigger significantly lighter like say a DA/SA Sig. The LEM configuration can be a lighter pull, but the competition package is what you want if your running it in a shooting sport. I have LEM models and it is more like a 2 stage trigger on an AR with some take up and then it breaks. I am not a huge fan, and it has a decently long reset compared to some of my glocks and sigs